Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having to click the back button twice!

Hi again

We have just uploaded our new look site www.zuccionline.co.uk (feedback would be great) but we have got a problem with the "back button". Problem is that you have to click it twice for it to listen!! I have looked on the forum and on google but cant find any answers.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

The first thing I noticed is that you have code in your overall layout that loads files above the line

<Actinic:BASEHREF VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:BASEHREF"/>

This is wrong and should be corrected. The first few lines are usually
    Code:
    <html>
    <head>
       <TITLE>
       NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE
       </TITLE>
       <Actinic:BASEHREF VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:BASEHREF"/>
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for that, I will have a word with our web designer and see why he has done that!

Anyone else having this problem with having to double click on our site? I have just contacted our search engine optimisation company and they said they dont have to click it twice!?

Comment

It looks to as if it's because some of your sections are going via the perl scripts in cgi-bin which is then doing the redirect to the product page. What's happening is that clicking back once, juts takes you back to the perl script in the cgi-bin which then does the redirect again.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Wont even go back at all for me just gets stuck on the product page.

Comment

Any ideas what I need to change to sort it??

Comment

have a word with our web designer and see why he has done that!
              hes the man you need to talk to

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                hes the man you need to talk to
                Hi RuralWeb,
                I'm the designer for Zucci! I've looked at the code I've used in the templates and can't see anything that would cause either having to press the back button twice or making pages redirect.
                I'm assuming it's something to do with the fragments? On our site when you see the four products in a row each one is a fragment. We only have the problem with the double back clicking on these pages.
                It seems when you click on the fragment it is taking you through the cgi-bin with links like this http://www.zuccionline.co.uk/cgi-bin...html&NOLOGIN=1 When you press back off a product it takes you to this page. I'm not sure what scripting these pages are using (Perl in the cgi-bin maybe?) but I don't have much understanding of them.

So any ideas from you guys would be reallllly appreciated!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X