Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Support Cover - Worth It?

Hi all,

We have paid Actinic Support annual cover for the last 5 years plus. We have rung support a couple of times in that period each time minor issues. This last week, we needed them as weird stuff was happening... Script Errors, FTP upload problems, Missing links on Digital Download products etc.

Having had the 'Actinic Support Experience' is this something I can do without?

Over the last week, I have spent 6 hours on their local rate number to them. I have spoken to 5 different staff members, none of which could really help me as my problems didn't seem to fit inn their flow chart. Cutting down a long story, gradually, each different person seemed to suggest something different to the last, each time slicing more functionality off my website. Finally I was advised to delete all CGI scrips and Digital Download files and pretty much start again.

I queries this and pointed out how long 5000 Digital Download files would take to upload but was met with a "c'est la vie"

Friday 4am I started uploading, by 9am I had no site. Then followed around 4 hours of phone calls and a series of e-mails to AN Other member of staff. By 4pm I had two products in my store and still nothing. I then stressed - "Guys, you're not going to leave for the weekend with me with no store are you?" - no came the reply, you can guess the rest.

Luckily for me, my host was available on an emergency number. He deleted the whole site on Friday at 6pm and only now is my site back up - all 5000 digital download products reloaded and everything working.

My point - should I just save my money next year and not bother with Actinic Cover?
    The one time I needed them, they all went to the pub......

And more to the point, bearing in mind I use Multi-User version 7 and have never seen that product updated - should I be looking for another similar product elsewhere?

Working...
X