Where is Actinic.pm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Actinic.pm?

Must be going mad, but we're using 6.1.4 and trying to sort a customer order email error.

We see reference to Norman Rouxel's patch to Actinic.pm but cannot locate this file anywhere on the webspace...

Is it still required for this version or has it been replaced with other scripts? Would we have problems without it as it isn't anywhere to be seen?

David

Look on your PC instead of your webspace. You always adjust items on your PC and then upload to your webspace with actinic. Never the other way round.

Comment

In v7 (v6 will probably be the same) you will find it locally in the Site1 folder - not on the server.
      (Not a perl expert but I understand it is used to create .pl files that are sent to the server)

EDIT: Still awake I see Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
        EDIT: Still awake I see Lee.
        You too lol, or you just got up?

Comment

Thanks for the usual speedy replies!

D

Comment

There are a huge range of web hosts that will work with Actinic V6 email out of the box and I would only recommend using the sendmail patch as a last resort. Before using Sendmail I would consider:

1. Trying everything else to get the smtp working. Localhost, etc.

2. Look at hosts such as 1and1 that will work without smtp authentication.

3. Upgrading to V7 if customer resistant to finding another host.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
              There are a huge range of web hosts that will work with Actinic V6 email out of the box and I would only recommend using the sendmail patch as a last resort. Before using Sendmail I would consider:

1. Trying everything else to get the smtp working. Localhost, etc.

2. Look at hosts such as 1and1 that will work without smtp authentication.

3. Upgrading to V7 if customer resistant to finding another host.

Mike
              Thanks for the wise words Mike. In the end it was simple human error - I had changed the the mail server to localhost but hadn't refreshed the settings - doh! Now working as it should :-)

D
              ---

Comment

Working...
              X