No announcement yet.

Hiding Email on Newsletter Signup box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya, i got the top bit working also which is good, i think the problem might be in the input feild also but im not sure how to correct it sadly else everything would sorted, WooHoo in a heroe style voice.

Thanks for the testing,
    Merry Christmas Everybody
    James
    ------------------
    ModelPower.co.uk - Quality Batteries - Affordable Prices

Comment

Try using escapes and perhaps doc writing the whole fofm in chunks.

Comment

not sure on how to do that, on this sort of problem google never gives me the direct answer i require, hopefully i will get it sorted soon will be better this was than having a link to another form. and then clicking another button.
        James
        ------------------

Comment

hi there i have tested different methods evening by removing the quotation marks too, the script doesnt throw up any errors because it just passes document.write through as the reciptient address.
          i have altered the script to not use the formail at the moment but to pass the results to a message box.

hmm challenging this one, i dont think the value box likes me writing to it like the way i want
          James
          ------------------

Comment

By writing directly to the form value it appears to work. Add a form id and then reference that in the js for the write to the recipient as below:.

Code:
            <html>
            <head>
            <title></title>

<script type=text/javascript>
            var _u = "newsletter";
            var _d = "modelpower.co.uk";
            var _l = _u + "@" + _d;
            </script>

</head>

<body>

<!-- start form code -->
            <form id="email" action="http://www.modelpower.co.uk/cgi-sys/FormMail.cgi" method="post">
            <input type="hidden" name="recipient" value="";>

<script language="JavaScript">
            document.forms.email.recipient.value= _l;
            </script>

<input type="hidden" value="Subscribe Me" name="subject">
            <input type="hidden" value="http://www.modelpower.co.uk/" name="redirect">
            <input type="text" name="email">
            <input type="submit" value="Subscribe Me">
            </form>
            <!-- end form code -->

</body>
            </html>

Comment

Good Morning Duncan, go to the top of the class, i see you have got it working, but does that mean i now have to find a way to protect the formail script to stop spammers using it to send junk mail. Because i see there was a 4 emails in there already from your tests. Or were you using another formail script and my email address ?

Congratulations and got to the top of the class, you have won the competition

Thanks again
              James
              ------------------

Comment

Those were from me.

Comment

Hiya duncan i guessed that, but i mean did you use my mail script or your own to test the test form with ? Because if you used my formMail script on your server then that makes me think that mine isnt very well protected, where as if you used yours then thats fine.

Got me wondering now.
                  James
                  ------------------

Comment

I copied your code from your test page, modified it and ran it locally in my browser here - just as it would be done normally.
                    You pose an interesting question though - I did use your formail on your server - as per the code above.

Comment

I have emailed our host regarding this problem, and hopefully they can provide a solution to that problem.
                      Thanks for your help duncan, and everyone, i only hope i can help you out sometime aswell

Cheers
                      Wishing you all a merry christmas and a happy new year
                      James
                      ------------------

Comment

hiya, everything is working ok now, on brochure pages and product pages, the only page i seem to have a problem with the code is on the products link off the brochure page, i guess all these pages use the same code and its on http://www.modelpower.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html that gives me a problem, all other pages that i have tried seem fine and they all have the same code so why would this page be different and give me a
                        "A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Error: There is no valid input parameters for the script! Check the referencing HTML code!
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner "
                        and its got this page in the address bar
                        http://www.modelpower.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca012498.pl when it shouldnt, it should send the form like every other page and then return to the home page.
                        Has anyone got any ideas thanks
                        James
                        ------------------

Comment

The code is quite different on each page. Check that you have the same layout selected for both and that the same code is used for both.

Comment

i have redone both act_primary.html & act_brouchureprimary.html, both using the same email form code, with the building of the email address up in the <head> part of the page, and the form building part where it should be. The code works on the front page, and subsection pages of the website. The only page it doesnt work on is the /acatalog/shop.html page. I have checked the setting in actinic and as far as i can tell it only uses those 2 files to build them pages for primary use. All the other times the emails are sent correctly and it returns to the home page as the script should, but only on the main shop window with the list of main products does it try to send the information to a cgi script. Would this problem be caused by the submit button sending information the wrong way ?

I have used the same code and copied it into the same places in these two files. All the form and /form tags are in place before and after the submit button and any other form parts.

any ideas, thanks again all
                            James
                            ------------------

Comment

Working...
                            X