Product reference import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product reference import

I have already voiced my concerns and problems with the U.S Curency issue. But now the external product refernce has to be in text format. Starting to get frustrated with this, any ideas before I move on.

Are you talking about Importing, Linking, or something else?

The product reference is a general purpose text string so that it can match all sorts of customers existing schemes. E.g. XYZ-123/4 is a typical type of stock reference code.

There are only a few limitation on what can be put in there (Max length 20 digits and no underscores or quote characters).

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you for the reply

Ok here is what's happening.

I have over 37822 Products, so I click on File, External Link, then check link products to table in an extrenal database. Then I put in my file name "products.xls"

Now I only have 4 external fields to automap it picks up 2 of them

My field are
      Item Number ( my Item numbers consist of numbers and letters)

Short description ( this gets referenced )
      price ( this gets referenced )
      long description ( This I match up with full description )

Then I get the notice bla bla bla requires it to be formated in text

I can not change the reference number or make new numbers

Comment

I don't use external linking myself so I spent 30 seconds looking in Actinic's help and got:-

Note 2: If you are linking to Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access, your Product Reference field/column must be set to being 'Text' data, even if your product references are numeric. The field/column needs to be set to 'Text' before any data is entered into it.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

You might find that you actually have to create a new text column and copy the original data over into it.

I don't actually think that external linking is going to the the best way for you to get your data into Actinic - for a start, when it does work you are going to have to drag all of your products into the required sections. One you have set your catalog up, it will work very nicely but I think that you are going have a long job setting it up the way that you are doing it.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
          X