Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with reference to actinicextras.js

Hi,

I've been running a website on my XP computer without any issues.

I've recently brought a new computer that is running Vista Home Premium.

I have installed Actinic but when I try to start it I exprience the following problem and the startup is always aborted:

I get this error message:

Write access is denied to C:\Program Files\...\actinicextras.js. Access to C:\Program Files\...\actinicextras.js was denied. Please check the file permissions and try again or select a different file.

I click OK

The theme change was aborted. Please correct any errors and reselect the them before continuing.

Clicked OK

A serious error occurred: The default theme and templates could not be activated. Please contact your Actinic reseller or Actinic Support as appropriate.

Clicked OK

Actinic shuts down.

I try and find the file in the Site 1 folder but the folder doesn't even exist.

I check the file permissions for the Actnic v7 folder and uncheck the read only attribute and apply to this folder and all sub folders and files in the Actinic folder.

I try to restart Actinic and experience the same problem.

Just as an exercise I copy the site 1 folder from my xp computer into the sites folder on the Vista computer but when I try to start Actinic I experience exactly the same problem.

Any advice on how to solve this problem would be VERY warmly welcomed!!! I'm having to run two computers just so I can manage the Actinic website on the old one and I'm becoming tired of going under my desk to plug my monitor in and out of my computers all day )

Regards,

Sonars
    Currently a little scared of Actinic

Try searching for V7 Vista - you'll find posts showing that you need Actinic V7.0.7 for Vista compatibility. There's also a relevant post a bit further down this very page!

You may also need some other settings so look for other posts too.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

It gives the option whether to install "Sites" in Program Files or Users/Documents, for it to work best install under Users/Documents so it gives user correct permissions.
      Peblaco

Comment

I've just been looking for a solution to this same problem, and I've got Avtinic V6 working, no problems with peblaco's solution. Thanks, you've just saved me time and cash

Cheers,

Paul

Comment

Working...
        X