X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page sections using Normans SiblingsList Patch - Problem

Norman kindly sent me a copy of his patch to create Page 1,2,3,4,5 etc
    on sections of my website to test out.

I've tested this live on how our site was originally setup but it didnt work correctly, so have modified the design to fit around the patch.

However.. I've run into a query.

As you can see on the content tree screenshot attached, i have setup two main sections Alarm Clocks, and Alarm Clocks P2 (Page2), and within each main section I have sub sections for the different model alarm clocks.

Now this works as it should be, as you can see with the other two screenshots attached.

However on the dropdown box of our "departments" you can see Alarm Clocks, and Alarm Clocks P2.

The problem is we have hundreds of products and wondered is it possible to just show "alarm clocks" in the department dropdown box, and not Alarm Clocks P2, Alarm Clocks P3, etc ?

If this is possible then this could actually work to how we would like it

The reason I ask is just because for each main section of products i.e. Alarm Clocks, Babycare, etc there can be over 50-100 products within each section, and will look daft on the dropdown box.
    Attached Files

I'd use javascript to strip out certain section names from the dropdown box, after its rendered.

Comment

I've managed to get a workaround this, using this structure (image attached).
      It automatically just shows "alarm clocks" in the drop-down box, and not the other pages. Its basically is subsections of alarm clocks, and set up a sub-section called "1-20" to show the first 20 alarm clocks, then within that sub-section they are the sections for the alarm clocks, etc.

It does work.

Whether we pursue down this route is another thing, because the structure of the site has changed completely to how we had it originally, and would therefore involve getting our programmer to amend his "export from our database" routine.

But of course, this is an alternative we can go down if need be in the future, which I think we will have to because there will just be too many products in each section, there is now.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X