V6.1.5 Fatal Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V6.1.5 Fatal Errors

i have been using Actinic V6.1.5 for some time now with no problems, however all of a sudden i am getting a warnings

when uploading that some files have changed since last update, the file may be an attempt to compromise the site, these files will be refreshed.
    Carefully examine the details of any orders placed via customer accounts since last upload.
    also pictures now not showing when i do an offline page preview, this has never happened on this computer before even though i have windows picture and fax viewer installed, its just never happened.
    I am also having errors when uploading such as permission problems, timeouts while purging files, telling me to examine actinic directory.

also when trying to snapshot from one computer to another i am getting that old dog of a fatal error (file exportflies.ccp Line 274) - Archive error 13 Extract selected files call failed Library error -Error creating file C:\Thumbs.db ! has been caught

well i deleted all the currant filled orders, and refreshed the site. to no avail, and i am sure it shouldn't take so long to upload the most minor of changes,
    someone suggested removing picture it, if i have it to see the thumbs, now if only i could find it to remove it, it has also been suggested removing the old fil's from the site 1 folder but thay are not there.
    what could have gone so horribly wrong as to be giving me these problems?

i have been using Actinic for some years and i am getting a bit annyed as this is not the first time i have had problems, i was told it was my computer, well this is a different one, which until now worked, so any detailed help on this subject would be very much appreciated.

ok one thing at a time

to create a clean snapshot -go to site1 andremove any files called thumbs.db, these files may be within your image folders - then create another snapshot. keep removing thumbs.db until you have a clean snapshot

to get a clean update - go to thewebserver remove all .fil files, also remove .fil files from site1 - now refresh the website

Comment

Thanks i will give it a whirl and let you know

Comment

The story so far, i have removed all thumbs data base files from site 1, includeing ones in image folders, and its a no go, i tryed a second snapshot after removeing all thumbs db files and compacting data base, still no go, however i am finding Thumbs db's in site upgrade folders Site 1 common OCC, themes, etc, in fact everywhere i could find one i removed them, and ....
        its still a no go??
        Thank you for replying, and i haven't even got to the uploading problems yet, any ideas? please, god i hate this program sometimes

Comment

do a search on your PC for thumbs.db and remove every instance

Comment

Well its a new year and its back to the grind of everyday life,
            good news is that i have now completed a clean snapshot from one machine to another, this was achieved with one final step and that was removing the thumbs database file from the common OCC site one folder on the machine i was trying to transfer the snapshot too.
            Now i can concentrate on the uploading issues, i have as suggested removed .fil files on the server and my machine and after three attempts done a refresh site, that as far as i have got, i have not tested it since, i will let you know how i get on, again thanks for the help.

one question if i may, what does this error message mean?

200 type set to I
            500 Illegal port command
            500 LPRT not understood

with the following details

An error occurred while writing to "acatalog" on the web site. The problem is probably due to permissions problems, but could be due to low disk space. Actinic Ecommerce can not work with these settings. Press Cancel if you would like to manually examine the permissions and disk space on the web site. Press Retry if you would like Actinic Ecommerce to attempt to change the permissions on the directory for you.

Comment

I would contact your host as they may have had to do a backup recovery or changed server settings.

Comment

I have removed all .fill files as sugested from both server and machine, and totally refreashed the site, however i am still getting the...
                "Carefully examine the details of any orders placed via customer accounts since last upload.oldaccount.fil oldadress.fil, old buyer.fil" warning.
                and i still cannot get offline previews to show pics.
                uploads are now much cleaner than befoe the refreash with only the occasional
                200 type set to I
                500 Illegal port command
                500 LPRT not understood
                to upset things, i will as sugested talk to my host in case of server settings.
                Thanks to all how are helping.

Comment

Hurrah i now have a clean upload and snapshot
                  Thanks to all the suggestions and help.
                  now if i could just get the offline preview to show the pics i would be sorted

i have read in the knowledge that i may need to install Microsoft picture it, but where the hell is it?

also i have never had this problem on this machine in the past, it just all of a sudden decided not to show the pics offline previews.

its only a minor thing, but i really like to check all the new content before it goes live, its just what i do.

Comment

well that didnt last long, bact to square one, only now the prgram is competely crashing half way though on fulltext.fil and causeing my site to go offline.
                    I am going to call greater vision today to see if they can help.

Comment

Working...
                    X