Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring the site from the Web

OK .... I didn't do a backup.

I know how stupid that was. At least I do now.

Because my whole hard drive got mashed.

So here I am with a functioning shop and no code on my hard drive and no backup and orders to be retrieved and no way of retrieving them and a desparate need to resolve this situation.

All suggestions that do not involve me in kicking my own ar*e for stupidity, gratefully accepted.

Are there any ways of recreating the shop from the online shop?

Do I have to recreate the shop before I can retrieve orders?

Where can I buy a "dork of the day" badge?

The only way that you can use what you have on the remote server is to download your html pages and use the pages to cut and paste your product descriptions back into actinic. The rest is a local rebuild.

Comment

Your images will aslo be on the live site. But, as Jo says, there is nothing else on the site that that will help rebuild.

You may want to consider Data Recovery Services (like www.ontrack.com for example) who can get data back from disks that won't even spin. They won't be cheap but it may be better than starting from fresh.

You also may have a problem with getting orders from the existing site as the keys needed to decrypt them are also on your dead drive.

I would recommend to eveyone that they go to Housekeeping / Security and copy and paste all the info there into a text file and keep that in a safe place as this information isn't stored in Site1.

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X