Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

include from another file

Hi all, and seasons greetings.

I have a client who has thousands of items in his store, this is becoming a bit of a problem when we need to swap snapshots for design updates.

i was wondering if its possible to use includes for a section of the home page of the site - and thus not have to swap snapshots and update the site each time

tia
    Web design Bradford

There are a few ways to get this done. I dont want to go into the technical, but this is a list of possibilities:

- Javascript includes
    - Ajax Includes
    - PHP includes
    - SSI (server side includes)

google where appropriate. Actinic can do ALL of these.

Comment

Or simply in Actinic create a variable of type 'File Content' and add this variable into the design at the relevant place. You can then just change the contents of the file and send it to your client.

Comment

we need to swap snapshots for design updates
        Snapshots may not be needed for this.

In V7, most of the design is in the Act_*****.html Templates so you could just send a zipfile containing the changed ones on to your client.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I can't make SSI work on the home page - I've changed the name of the home page file to index.shtm but am I right in thinking that the file brochurebody.html also needs it's name changing (I use frames)? How do I change the name? Other catalogue sections have a name change feature but not this one.

Nick
          Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

Comment

what exactly are you wanting to do?

i include txt files using php and leave txt file on server so my client and i can change it

Comment

I have on my home page a table which includes a cell in which I want to have a marquee with scrolling text. It is this scrolling text that I wish to maintain in a seperate file. In the cell in the main table I want to have a line which is of the form:-

<!--#include virtual="marquee.htm" -->

The text goes in margquee.htm.

It works OK in preview mode in Dreamweaver but not in real life. I have already changed the name on the home page from index.html to index.shtm to ensure the page is parsed for SSIs, but no luck. The home page uses frames, and I think that I may have to change the name of brochurebody.html (in one frame) to have a .shtm suffix as well, but see no way of doing this. Still on V6 btw

Nick

Comment

Still on V6 btw
                Sorry i missed that, my solution works for 8 and up

Comment

Thanks

Does anyone know a way of forcing a new suffix for brochurebody.html? (V6)

Comment

Working...
                  X