confirmation of order problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

confirmation of order problem

for some reason my customers are not receiving a "confirmation of order placed" email?

they are receiving the email from World Pay but not from me!

any ideas?

Who is your host and what is your SMTP setting
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I have found that some SPAM filters (such as Postini) filter out Actinic's order e-mail as SPAM.

Are you receiving a copy (assuming you set Actinic to send you a copy too)? You can have Actinic send you a test e-mail. Click Help->Troubleshooting->Web Site Analysis. The last step sends you a test e-mail.

Bob Ladden
      Bob Ladden

Comment

one of problems I can see for the email side is that actinic doesn't allow a secure connection (i.e sending username and password) to the smtp server along with the email. Which means that for some receiving email systems which check to see that the email address of the sender is the same as the domain of the sender might not be confirmed. therefore the receiving system will determine the email as spam, or worse won't allow the email to be received.
        Many smtp servers only allow the email to be sent if the username/password is confirmed. Stops relaying for a start.

Paul
        www.Needleworld.co.uk
        www.needleworld.co.uk - Cross stitch to photo conversion and exclusive crossstitch kits

Comment

Working...
        X