Changing offline order number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing offline order number

Hi, I need to change my offline order reference, but in the [view[ [business settings] [order processing] tab, the number is greyed out, and I can only change the "Prefix".

How can I change the number?

Thanks
    Richard
    Rich

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...t=order+number
    http://community.actinic.com/showthr...er+format+perl

are a couple of links on how to do this (it involves modifying the perl script).

There are many more - try the search term:
    order+number+format+perl

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response, but you're covering a slightly different area.

I'm happy to keep the default Actinic format, but wish to change the value of the number in OFFLINE orders.

Cheers
      Rich
      Rich

Comment

Sorry - now I understand - so you want to add your own order number at the time opf entry - though I don't think it's possible. As far as I'm aware all orders are sequential, whether online or offline.

Comment

Hi Rich,
          As the order number is supposed to be a unique, primary reference number for each order, allowing a manual entering of the code would allow for the introduction of potentially invalid entries and hence, cause further problems.

Why do you wish to manually change these offline orders? If you had a manual entry of the order number how would you ensure order data integrity and uniqueness of the order number? i.e. how would you stop the same order number being entered?

You could always try and change the order number directly in the Access database, but I would avoid this path for the reasons above.

I think Actinic would simply add this to the wish-list for development would be my guess.
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

In the business settings, I can see the "prefix" and the current number, I just need to be able to update the current number. But it's greyed out....

Don't need to change at time of order, just a 1-off operation.

Thanks for your patience! I obviously can't have written the question clearly in the 1st place...
            Rich

Comment

You can change (or at least reset) the order number (affecting both on and offline orders) in Help - Troubleshooting - enter the new order number and click on Update Order Number, then upate the site. I would recommend you choose a number higher than any you've had already.

Comment

We tend to ignore the first part of the order and concentrate on the last 4 digits. The offline orders are still on a low number, and it would be easier to find them in any follow up, if we could update the number series now and again so they are located in at least the same area as the online orders.

Data integrity with consecutive numbers is not an issue, as we have all sorts of missing numbers - abandoned / cancelled / fraudulent / etc.

Also, we have a current issue of having lost the last 3 months of online orders (don't know how), and have restored from a backup. But now need to add back a dozen or so orders that came in since the back up. It would have been "useful" to have the same ending numbers for cross reference. (Unless there's a way to add back the CSV reports we took of those orders?)
                Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Atkins
                  We tend to ignore the first part of the order and concentrate on the last 4 digits.
                  It is very easy to modify the Order Reference, the answer is here at Post #11. You can have just four digits, or a different prefix.

The offline orders are still on a low number, and it would be easier to find them in any follow up, if we could update the number series now and again so they are located in at least the same area as the online orders.
                  We know the problem. Sort your Orders screen by 'Date Ordered' and they all fall into line.

Data integrity with consecutive numbers is not an issue, as we have all sorts of missing numbers - abandoned / cancelled / fraudulent / etc.
                  Know the feeling - fixed our problem by doing away with Java Encryption and getting SSL, hardly ever miss a number now.

having lost the last 3 months of online orders (don't know how), and have restored from a backup. But now need to add back a dozen or so orders that came in since the back up. It would have been "useful" to have the same ending numbers for cross reference. (Unless there's a way to add back the CSV reports we took of those orders?)
                  Been there too!

In a quiet period (4am Sunday morning, or Xmas Day) go to Help | Troubleshooting and reset the current order number to one less than you want. Go to your site immediately & place the order (using your own, not the customer's, email address). Repeat as necessary.

Download the orders, edit the Address Tab back to the customer's email address. Close Actinic.

Then WITH CARE (PM me if necessary for a full explanation I'm not going to post here) open actinic.mdb, go to the Orders section, scroll to the bottom, and edit the dates.

I've done it several times without a problem, but as they so often say in the Community - better take a backup first!
                  Paul
                  Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Wow, fantastic! Thank you very much for this.
                    Rich

Comment

Working...
                    X