"Other info" line in data entry forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Other info" line in data entry forms

This is a bit difficult to explain but I'm going to try.

We have several items on our law enforcement apparel side which require different answers from customers. I have successfully posed the questions I need to in the "other info" line of the product.

However, when I print out the data entry forms [which I fax over as what the shipping department goes by], the questions I have posed don't show up with the answer, only the generalized stamement I have keyed into Design -> Text -> Data Entry -> Other information input. This makes the customer's answers look nonsensible.

How can I get my reports to reflect the actual "other info" statement I have keyed into the unique product?

Thanks!

Christy

Hi Christy

It's a good query but at the moment the text on the report is generated from the Design Text prompt and not from the individual product prompt. I don't think it's something that can be fixed in the report - it will have to be changed in the software. I'll put it forward on the wishlist.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

This can be probably fixed with a one line patch to OrderScript.pl. Let me know if it's worth investigating.

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I don't think it can be fixed online actually because the data entry report uses a single prompt for every product - which means that the individual product questions are ignored. It's a little bugette in the data entry report.
        [fx: thinks for a bit]
        unless of course you added the question into the answer and then you could set the prompt to blank. The only problem then would be that the message would be right justified and might wrap around but that would probably be better than having no question.

am I right? :-)

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I'm pretty sure the product level prompt is available in OrderScript.pl so I was thinking of just prepending that to the answer. You'd still get the standard Other Info prompt (which you can ignore) followed by the real question and answer. Seems workable.

Norman

Comment

It works. Here's the patch (a one-line as predicted).

Code:
            Including the Other Info Prompt in the printed reports and order details.

Tested with 6.1.2.

Make a backup copy of OrderScript.pl first.  
            Open OrderScript.pl from Site 1 in a text editor 
            (not a word processor - see www.editpadlite.com if you don't have one.

Look for the line (there should only be one instance)

$objOrderBlob->AddString($CurrentItem{"INFO"}); # the info field

Replace that line with (the single long line)

$objOrderBlob->AddString($$pProduct{"OTHER_INFO_PROMPT"} . "\r\n" . $CurrentItem{"INFO"}); # the info field - Norman Patched in the prompt as well

You can replace the "\r\n" above with something else (like " - ") if you'd rather have the prompt and answer on the same line.
            Interestingly there is code a few lines below this that appear to include the correct prompt in the recorded order details.
            It looks like the order display code and report's aren't picking that up. Tut-tut Actinic.

Norman

Comment

Thanks Norman! I will give it a try and let you know if it works out.

Comment

You are a Godsend...it worked excellent! That's exactly what we needed.

In the future we will probably invest in some of Jan's software so we can bypass faxing data entry reports, but for now this is perfect.

Thanks again!

C.

Comment

Working...
                X