Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

products not adding to cart

Hi,

I've been asked to work on a site that I didn't originally design (www.designerglassesdirect.net). I have changed one image over and re-uploaded the site.

Now there is an error whenever I try to add any product to my cart:

The following product(s) can not be added to the cart.
    You can find the error description(s) by following the link(s).

below the product is

Left Axis|Right Axis|PD plus Additional Information is required.

Even if you make sure all fields of the field are completed, you still get this error.

Has anyone had this before and know of a way to stop it? I have refreshed the site numerous times and don't get any upload errors.

Jack

I could add products to the cart OK.
    Did you resolve this?

Comment

interesting, I couldn't. Not on the prescription items anyway (which were the only ones I tried)
      I was getting the same errors (and gave up with all the clicking and options in the end!)

I do have another observation though.
      Your page urls...the one I looked at was......

http: //www .designerglassesdirect. net/acatalog /4copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_7copy_of_1copy_of_copy_of_2_further_details.html

you might want to look at editting those!
      Tracey

Comment

OK - I retried and also couldn't add to cart with prescription info.

I would recommend reverting back to the last good snapshot and then carfully making the changes again.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response here - I've been off work as you may have guessed.

I have actually reverted back to the last known snapshot already and the problem has actually occurred since then, which is weird!

Could the lengthy URLs (not my doing) be affecting the site in this way?

Jack

Comment

I think some linux servers have restrictions on file name lengths but if it was worling before then I doubt that's the problem.

Comment

This site is using my "Donationware" Multi Other Info add-on.

You've not modified actiniccore.js as per the Multi Other Info readme. This could happen if you upgrade Actinic as JavaScript and Perl scripts get replaced then. If so, it's also likely that patches to the Perl scripts will be needed.

See www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff for details.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman, I hadn't realised that.

I followed the instructions on your website and made the modifications to actiniccore.js, ActinicOrder.pm and OrderScript.pm.

I've done a full site refresh since then and get internal server error 500 when i click on 'buy now' - any idea what would cause that?

Comment

You have undoubtedly mis-patched ActinicOrder.pm. Try again.

Comment

Ah, excellent - you were right as usual, Norman!

Thanks very much for the help!

Comment

update

Bit of an update on the problem with this one...

If you go to http://www.designerglassesdirect.net/ and try to add frames + lenses to your cart there are 3 mandatory fields (left axis, right axis & pd plus additional information).

Is it possible to change the status of these fields to optional rather than mandatory - and how would I do that?

Jack

Comment

That's in the ReadMe for the Multi Other Info patch that you referred to in your post #8.

Comment

Working...
                        X