Network Settings advice needed !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Settings advice needed !

Would someone who knows what to look for be kind enough to take a glance at my settings to see if they can spot why it is I cannot download any orders ? I would be very grateful...

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
    HTTPPROXYADDRESS
    HTTPPROXYPORT 80
    HTTPPROXYUSER
    HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
    FTPPROXYMODE 0
    FTPPROXYADDRESS
    FTPPROXYPORT 21
    FTPPROXYUSER
    FTPPROXYPASSWORD
    SCRIPTID 0
    SCRIPTEXT .pl
    SMTPHOST mail.startrader.co.uk
    WEBSITEURL http://new.startrader.co.uk/
    IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
    USERELATIVECGIURLS false
    PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
    USEENHANCEFTP true
    FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
    FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
    FTPSILENT false
    FTPMAXRETRIES 3
    FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
    SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
    SMTPUSERNAME
    SMTPPASSWORD
    CATALOGURL http://********.co.uk/acatalog/
    CGIBINURL http://********.co.uk/cgi-bin/
    PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
    CODEBASE ./
    FTPHOST new.startrader.co.uk
    FTPUSERNAME ********
    FTPPASSWORD ********
    PATHTOCGIBIN /cgi-bin/
    USEPASSIVEFTP false
    FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG

I have used "*" to cover security information only

...and my very best wishes for 2008 to you all !
    Sci-fi and Cult TV collectables at www.startrader.co.uk

why it is I cannot download any orders
    Your site seems to be working ok and if you have been downloading ok in the past then it may just be a server problem. I would wait a while and see if it fix4es itself if not then contact your host to see if they have changed anything.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts...they parallel my own, really. This problem has been running since before Christmas and my ISP has been involved all along though they're not particularly Actinic-savvy. They have been in touch with Actinic support on my behalf, though, but nothing we do seems to work !

I know there are seven orders sat there as for a tiny fraction of a second on one or two of the dozens of download attempts I have seen the message to this effect. In fact two orders DID come through before it "spat the dummy" and gave me the error message. My ISP insist they have not done anything with their servers and I haven't done anything at my end (that I can think of)...I've been using Actinic for years and years and never had this problem.

All VERY frustrating. Anyone else have any ideas ???

Have a good New Year's Eve...

Comment

just a quick thought (and I am new to Actinic so by no means an expert) ...have you tried using passive FTP?
        The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Looks very like a permissions problem. Your error log is full of errors like:
          Code:
          Program = CATALOG , Program version = 181   , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.4 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl, Return code = 540                 , Date and Time = 31/12/2007 13:04:53, Internal Errors = unable to read ../acatalog/DB413100002158.ord Permission denied, 
          Program = CATALOG , Program version = 181   , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.4 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl, Return code = 540                 , Date and Time = 31/12/2007 13:08:51, Internal Errors = unable to read ../acatalog/DB413100002158.ord Permission denied, 
          Program = CATALOG , Program version = 181   , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.4 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl, Return code = 540                 , Date and Time = 31/12/2007 14:30:28, Internal Errors = unable to read ../acatalog/DB413100002158.ord Permission denied, 
          Program = CATALOG , Program version = 181   , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.4 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl, Return code = 540                 , Date and Time = 31/12/2007 14:45:32, Internal Errors = unable to read ../acatalog/DB413100002158.ord Permission denied, 
          Program = CATALOG , Program version = 181   , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.4 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl, Return code = 540                 , Date and Time = 31/12/2007 14:46:45, Internal Errors = unable to read ../acatalog/DB413100002158.ord Permission denied, 
          Program = CATALOG , Program version = 181   , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.4 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl, Return code = 540                 , Date and Time = 31/12/2007 14:47:41, Internal Errors = unable to read ../acatalog/DB413100002158.ord Permission denied, 
          Program = CATALOG , Program version = 181   , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.4 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl, Return code = 540                 , Date and Time = 31/12/2007 15:11:50, Internal Errors = unable to read ../acatalog/DB413100002158.ord Permission denied, 
          Program = CATALOG , Program version = 181   , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.4 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl, Return code = 540                 , Date and Time = 31/12/2007 15:27:12, Internal Errors = unable to read ../acatalog/DB413100002158.ord Permission denied, 
          Program = CATALOG , Program version = 181   , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.4 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl, Return code = 252                 , Date and Time = 31/12/2007 15:50:17, Internal Errors = tried to delete read-only file ../acatalog/86Z141Z152Z240A1199100361B79079.session, 
          Program = CATALOG , Program version = 181   , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.4 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl, Return code = 540                 , Date and Time = 31/12/2007 16:14:17, Internal Errors = unable to read ../acatalog/DB413100002158.ord Permission denied, 
          Program = CATALOG , Program version = 181   , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.4 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl, Return code = 540                 , Date and Time = 31/12/2007 16:14:19, Internal Errors = unable to read ../acatalog/DB413100002158.ord Permission denied, 
          Program = CATALOG , Program version = 181   , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.4 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl, Return code = 540                 , Date and Time = 31/12/2007 16:27:06, Internal Errors = unable to read ../acatalog/DB413100002158.ord Permission denied,
          Try Advanced / Network Setup / Test and report what happens.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for all this - am next with the Actinic machine tomorrow so will delve deeper then. Have a good rest of the day !!!!

Comment

The Network Test passed in all sectors

Comment

This problem has been running since before Christmas and my ISP has been involved all along though they're not particularly Actinic-savvy
                If its been happening this long I would look at moving hosts to one that Actinic is known to work well on. Many have a 30 day money back offer so you can easily test things out.

Comment

I appreciate this last thought but I have been with these people for many years...even before I began using actinic and had a non-cart site. This problem has just manifested itself 'overnight' and no-one seems able to understand why....

Comment

This problem has just manifested itself 'overnight'
                    Do you have any firewalls, anti virus etc which may have been updated and blocked the download?

Comment

After a lot of help from my ISP my problems seem to be sorted out. My thanks to NormanRouxel for pointing me in the direction of the error log which showed a permissions problem on one particular order received. This was deleted and the same problem moved on to the next one ! We decided to delete all .ord and .occ files subsequently received. Actinic worked fine !!!

We then put each order back into /acatalog and, whilst the system didn't seem to like it much, each one downloaded after a couple of retries. The order was then deleted and the next one inserted and so on and so on.

So just what it was that had 'corrupted' the individual orders I do not know. Would be interested to hear if anyone has any ideas...but at least it now seems to be running OK and a dummy order I placed to myself has come through with no glitches whatsoever

Thanks again...

Comment

Well done norm

Comment

Working...
                        X