Mail server password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mail server password

We have been happily running V6 on Fasthosts for 3 years. In the last few weeks thay have forced a change on mail server passwords, and our notifications and passwords have stopped working. Advanced Newtork Setup in V6 doesn't seem to have anywhere obvious to put in a mail server username and password so I don't know where to go to change it....

You need to find out from Fasthosts what they have changed with their email in order to know if Actinic can support the change.

Failing this, and maybe Fasthosts now require authentication on SMTP - this is not supported by v6.

thus you may have to use the sendmail patch (search the forum for more detail on this) or look to upgrade to v8 which does support SMTP/authentication

Comment

Thanks for this. Have mailed Fasthosts Support. Will post reply.

Comment

Previous posts have suggested that fasthosts smtp server will work with 'localhost' without a username and password. Worth a try.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hmmm. Have done some more testing and test mails seem to get through to me. I've seen from other posts that there can be Spam-blocker problems with order acknowledgements, so maybe that's happening and I'm just over-sensitive to the Fasthosts password thing. Thanks everyone for all your help anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X