Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping calculation problem

Actinic Business v. 5.1.6
    I have given each of my products a weight, and input shipping prices for each of those weights. I want shipping to be calculated as a total of all the weight the customer has ordered.
    However, if the customer orders >1 item, the shipping is not calculated correctly.
    For example, if the customer orders two things that cost $4.50 to ship, the shipping comes out as $5.10 if I have either "Don't allow excess" or "Take the highest value in the table" selected. With "Increment the highest value in the table" by $1.64 for each .25, ordering two things that weigh 1.74 lbs results in a shipping charge of $5.63.
    What I would like is for the customer to be charged $9.00 when ordering two items that cost $4.50 to ship.

You can see my site at http://www.panix.com/~bsdi

Tanks in advance.

I want shipping to be calculated as a total of all the weight the customer has ordered.
    What I would like is for the customer to be charged $9.00 when ordering two items that cost $4.50 to ship.
    Sorry Maggie but you need to decide which one you want as these two aren't the same.

If your shipping table says:

1.0 kg $4.50
    2.0 Kg $6.00

Then two 1.0 kg items are going to be charged at $6.00, not $9.00.

I'm sure we can get this working for you but you need to tell us how you want shipping to be calculated and what your shipping table currently says.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

is there a "ship item separately" option in V5?
      would this charge 2 x $4.50 items at $9?
      Tracey

Comment

Thanks! "Ship separately" seems to do the trick.

Comment

Working...
        X