Changing html in dreamweaver wont save in Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing html in dreamweaver wont save in Actinic

I have opened the main p_siteroot_index, p_about_us etc html files in dreamweaver to amend certain things as I cant seem to do in Actinic and more to the point, I prefer to use dw for easiness.

When I save the files in dreamweaver and re open them in a browser they look perfect. But when I open Actinic again, in Actinic they are the old files. It doesnt seem to save any changes made in dreamweaver, even when Im only adding simple things like text here and there or images. When I open them in a browser again or dw again, they are the old files despite me saving them previously in dw!

I am not removing any NETVARS and I am checking the html code that I delete to make sure its not necessary code.

How do I save what I do in dreamweaver to ensure it populates Actinic?

Thanks

You are not using DW correctly - use the template manager in actinic to locate the template you want to change and then modify and save in DW.

Comment

p_siteroot_index, p_about_us etc html files in dreamweaver
      you must edit the templates located in site1

you are editng the generated files which get overwritten everytime you do a site preview

Comment

I would stop what you are currently doing and spend a little time searching the forum for how to use Dw with V7 - it has been covered in great detail over the years so all the info you will need is already there.

Comment

Working...
        X