Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orders coming in with wrong permissions !??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orders coming in with wrong permissions !??

Does anyone have an insight into why it is that some of my orders are coming in with "200" permissions (which means I can't download them !) and, what's more, these permissions then seem 'locked' and can't be changed to 600 or 755 via FTP ?

As always your considerations gratefully received !!!
    Sci-fi and Cult TV collectables at www.startrader.co.uk

orders (.ord) should be 200.

Actinic should be able to download them

Comment

Hmmm...that's interesting. MY ISP is "unlocking" the permissions and changing them to 644 and then we can get at them. Otherwise we can't ! I can't FTP in and change the .ord files to anything other than 200 [which is correct by what you say]. Certainly it is that I can't download them normally and have the ring the ISP. This situation has only been in evidence about three weeks. I have runa Network Test and that's OK. An error log reports "permission denied" when trying to download orders

Comment

Just quickly - in an email this is what my ISP says:-

> This maybe the reason for the problems as it creates files with
        > permissions 200 which writeable by owner only. Not readable by anyone

Does this make sense ?

Comment

Hi David,

Apologies for this not having a response as yet. Have you resolved the issue or is it still happening? Have you tried compacting your database and then refreshing your site. Order files are generally with permissions of 200 but will be downloded by Actinic normally as the user is the same.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X