Page Title only 18 characters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page Title only 18 characters!

I am removing the 'home page' in my site. If I use the 'catalogue page' as the new home page I can only get limited characters in my page name.

I've tried editing the code in primary, brochure primary and pindex, but when I do an offline preview, I can only see the characters inserted into the 'catalog details' box.

Can anyone suggest a workaround please?

The data entry field in Actinic is limited to 20 characters but you can get around this by entering the title directly in the database.

At your own risk...

1. Backup Actinic
    2. Close Actinic
    2. Open the actinic.mdb in MSAccess
    3. Highlight the Catalog table and click on Design
    4. Change the Catalog Name field to length 40 (or whatever length you need) instead of 20
    5. Save
    6. Now open the Catalog table again and manually type in the Page Title you want
    7. Save and close MSAccess
    8. Open Actinic and you will see the Page Title you wanted (Note you can delete the characters here but not add to them or change them

Comment

Hi Duncan

Very clever! I'll back up and give it a go...

Many thanks

David

Comment

I am removing the 'home page' in my site
        Why - this index page is the most important from a SE point of view

Comment

Bingo!

Very pleased thanks very much.

David

Comment

Hi Mal

You are absolutely right. What I was trying to do was get a visitor to go 'straight into' the catalogue rather than having to click thru a brochure page, and then to the products. After researching on re-directs, I'm not going to bother. Too risky because I have a good position.

Thanks for the advice.

David

Comment

Working...
            X