Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Image Clickable' option greyed out

Hi

I am currently using v7.0.7 of Actinic and have noticed that when I select the 'Links' tab for a product and if I then check the 'Advanced Link' box, although I am able to select the option for either: Url, Product or section, I am unable to check the box for 'Image Clickable' as it is greyed out and I wish to use this option.
    Has anyone else come across this? and does anyone know a way of activating it?

Thanks

Johanne

On product layouts the image is clickable for larger images via the extended info pages, i don't expect that the link facility will therefore work on products. What you are seeing is effectively the link tab off fragments, with this part greyed out so you cannot use it i guess. I may be wrong though, that's just an educated guess at the reason.

Comment

I found THIS THREAD from a while back, indicating it's always been this way
      That "image clickable" option isn't even in V8 (greyed out or otherwise)
      Tracey

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your replies.
        Its a pity that this function doesn't work, it's odd that it's not even in v8 as well!
        I'm not sure why the option is there if you can't use it, I wanted to use it to link to the actual url of the product in more detail. I appreciate what you say about the Extended Info link, but that's just a popup link rather than a link to another url.
        I have seen quite a few Actinic sites that do have hyperlinks from the images to individual product pages that are more detailed, i wondered if you may have to put extra variables into the Product templates to make this work, although I'm not sure how to go about it, has anyone else tried this?

Thanks

Johanne

Comment

it'll have be mostly likely done one of two way, Johanne

a) the first product listing could actually be a section link linking through to a main product listing.

or

b) the product could, indeed, be linking to an extended info page but selecting to use the "opens in same window" method meaning it displays in the main pages and not as a pop up.

Searching the forum (and possibly the AUG, I don't have a V7 copy to hand) for either method (often listed as "single product pages") will bring up quite a bit of additional info and ways of doing this.
          Tracey

Comment

Hi

Thanks, will check this out.

Cheers

Johanne

Comment

Working...
            X