Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could not get an automated email confirming their orders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could not get an automated email confirming their orders.

Hello,

We are using the Actenic Catalog V5 for our products. Recently we have added a new section to our online store. Everything is working fine except one thing, the clients (who has ordered the items online) are not getting an automated email, confirming their order. I can view and retrive their orders.

I am sure the option 'Email Required on New Order' and 'Send Receipt Email to Customer' at View >> Business settings >> Orders >> are set properly.

Can somebody advice me in this regard please!

Thanks & Regards,

JAG
    Jag

Hi Jag

What is the url for your website? There might be errors on the error log of the actinic store concerning this problem

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

'404' file not found page...

Hi Nadeem,

Thanks lot for your help, please have a quick look at the following URL

http://www.santorographics.com/acatalog/

Nadeem, here is another problem, which very very urgent.
      When some body orders the items and checkout with all the details, they should be taken to a page saying 'Thank you' or some confirmation message page, which makes sure the client the order has been accepted / processed succesflly.

Unfortunately, our site is displaying '404' file not found page. How can we reconfigure the 'Thank you' page?

Thanks & Regards,

JAG
      Jag

Comment

Hi Jag

I have successfully placed a test order on your website without any problem.
        The order reference is: ASPORT40002423

I did get the error message you were saying. My suggestion for this would be to replace the act_order04.html

You can get a backup of the act_order04.html from
        C:\Program Files\Actinic ecommerce v5\Formats\Themes\Business

Copy and paste it into your site1 folder.

The issue with the email is that, it looks like from you error file, there seems to be a error with the smtp server

Error returned from SMTP server (4: 550 5.7.1 <internetsales@santorographics.com>... Relaying denied
        Once thing i will ask you to check is that if you go to "Advance | Network Setup" within Actinic v5. Please check the SMTP server, is this server the one you got from your hosting company, if it is not, then please change it to the one from your hosting company.

Also if it is the hosting company smtp server, does it need authentication. If it does, then i'm afraid it will not work, as yet Actinic does not support SMTP authentication.

A workaround is norman's sendmail fix from his website. Click here for Send Mail

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working partially..but still the same 404 error.

Hi Nadeem,

Firstly, Thanks for the support. I have replaced the file 'act_order04.html' and now, it’s partially successful. Earlier, when the user finishes the order, the page is missing, but now, a bit improvement, user can see the confirmation page also should be able to print the order confirmation.

Then, when he clicks on the 'Done' button, it’s going to the page with the message 'Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here'. And the page could not be found. The URL http://www.santorographics.com/cgi-bin/os000004.pl is not able to found the appropriate page. Can you please advice in this regard?

Secondly, about the email confirmation, we are talking to the hosting people about the SMTP details.

Lastly, we are planning to rebuild the whole online shop with a new interface. Can you quickly suggest any guide lines for our designer and developers?

Thanks & Regards,

Jag
          Jag

Comment

Hi Jag

Then, when he clicks on the 'Done' button, it’s going to the page with the message 'Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here'. And the page could not be found. The URL http://www.santorographics.com/cgi-bin/os000004.pl is not able to found the appropriate page. Can you please advice in this regard?
            For this, i would first check to see the following

1. Go to "Design | Option | Miscellaneous"
            2. Check Home Page link, if URL is selected, then please make sure it in the following format

"http://www.actinic.co.uk/"

Note: The last '/' is needed.
            Try this to see if it helps you.

Lastly, we are planning to rebuild the whole online shop with a new interface. Can you quickly suggest any guide lines for our designer and developers?
            I would suggest in downloading Designing With Actinic Developer. This can be found on our
            download centre

Here is a direct link to the pdf file

Hope this helps you

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

its working fine...

Hi Nadeem,

Its working... I missed the needed last '/' after the URL.
              Now it is working fine.

I have downloded the PDF for the developers and forwarding it to them. I hope it'll help them in redesigning the site with the verson 6.

Thanks a lot for all the help. Lets close the query now.

Thanks & Regards,

JAG
              Jag

Comment

Working...
              X