X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resizing the « Zoom » windows in product « Full description »

In the window under the
    Product Details | General | Full Description

If I click « Zoom » with the right mouse button, there's a text editing window appearing. I cannot « resize » that window. It's getting so large, I have to move it in the center of my screen to correct text.
    How can I reset that window to a smaller size ?
    Attached Files
    Bernard Morin

That's weird. On my V7 (and V8) all you need to do is click-drag on any of the borders (or corner borders) to resize.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I have the same issue with my v7 and v8 - it is a fixed size and cannot be changed. It's not bothered me becasue I have a large monitor with a high resolution but on a 1024 x 768 dsiplay I can see it being a pain. There must be a bug that stops the resizing.

Comment

Hi Bernard and Duncan,

This is a bug in the software and I will add field reports for the issue.

Work round:-

- Use the Registry Editor 'Run | Regedit' to open the Registry.

- Locate the hive
        HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actinic\Catalog8\Sites\Site1\DlgPlacements (exchange 'Site1' for the appropriate site /s)

- Delete all of the keys (except default) within this hive. The values are lists of 4 numbers (the co-ordinates of the dialogs).

- Close the Registry Editor.

Note: this will reset the dialogs to their default sizes. The problem will still occur again, until this is fixed in the application you can either ensure you never make the dialogs to large or if you do you can reset the defaults as above.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks for that Bruce.

Comment

It's me again !

I was going to start a new thread but maybe my troubles are all related.

I have three « problems » that won't go away and stay with me :

1. The dialog box mentioned above (I will try the fix).

2. If change the position of my « Preview » and « Standard » tool bars, they won't keep their closing positions when I reopened Actinic.

3. When I print an invoice or a packing list, I have to change the paper size from A3 to Letter each time.

It's seems that Actinic cannot write to the file controlling these settings. Are my problems related ?
            Something I could check or change ?
            Thank you !
            Bernard Morin

Comment

All these settings are saved in keys in the registry. Above is the location and fix for the windows. Search the forum and you will find the printer keys and a fix for that.

Try the fix above first.

Comment

The fix for the « Zoom » dialog box is working !

I will now search for the other fixes !
                Bernard Morin

Comment

Printer key:
                  http://community.actinic.com/showpos...18&postcount=4

Comment

Enlarging "Full Description" dialog?

Bit of resurrection going on here....

As far as I can see there is no official way of enlarging the Design/Product Details/General/Full Description dialog box - is it possible that this dialog box could be enlarged by some registry tweaking in DlgPlacements?

I've had a look in DlgPlacements & guess that the names may refer to specific dialogs & that the 4 digit strings may refer to the size & location of the dialog box - does this sound correct or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks.
                    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

Working...
                    X