Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give a discount to certain customers for a group products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give a discount to certain customers for a group products?

I would like to give my best customers a discount on certain products. I have a customer group setup (such as "Top Customers"). If I use customer pricing, then the discount applies to all products. Which I don't want to do. Is there any way to give them a discount to only some products? I've created the product group, but I can't find a way to tie the customer group to the product group. Thanks!
    -------

Pat

Is the prices tab on the actual products any good to you?

Comment

No, that would be too many to edit. I bring in about 500 products a month (and retire another 500). I'd like to give my best customers a discount on the newest products. I move products on down a discount tier as they age, and right now, the newest products aren't discounted. But I'm thinking about offering a discount on these to my top customers, if I can find a way to do it.
      -------

Pat

Comment

Why can't you put your new products into a 'new products group' of their own and then restrict that group of products to the specific customer group. That is standard fuctionality on the restrictions tab IIRC.

Comment

If I go this way, can all my customers access the products? I want to offer the products to everyone, I just want to offer the discount to a select group of customers.
          -------

Pat

Comment

If you don't go this way, which way you thinking of going then?

The restrictions tab is on the discount settings, not the product, so i'd expect the product can still be seen by all. BUT i would always test rather than ask, you could be told anything in here and it won't make a scrap of difference until you try it.

Comment

Working...
            X