Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different section images on menu

Hi is possible to do this without altering a template ? :

I have 4 sections that are now shown on the main catalogue body, there are 4 text links to these sections on the menu on te left, I am using a clean layout, I thinks it's number 10.

Instead of the 4 hyperlinks I would prefer 4 images with mouseover js code. Or even without the js code if not possible.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy

You can change the section link layout in Design Options | Layouts. Select 'Image only - no text shown' and your section links will just be the images that you enter in the section details.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Thanks but I think you are talking about the main products list in the bulk area (I have done this already), I mean the section list on the left hand side.

Andy

Comment

There is a section in the AUG that gives you the code for this - see 'Inserting a List of Section Images With JavaScript' on page 39. The AUG can be downloaded here.

Ben
        Ben Popplestone

Comment

Do you think it would be easier to use individual html links rather than the section list as a whole, is this also possible ?

Andy

Comment

Do you think it would be easier to use individual html links rather than the section list as a whole
            You could do this just by hardcoding the Primary template, but the advantage to using the javascript is that the list doesn't have to be updated whenever you add/delete sections.
            Ben Popplestone

Comment

Cheers
              I am getting nearer. I have used the javascript method and although it now puts the images in the right place but they are the same images as in the main bulk area and are too big.

Another way would be to do it like this site :

http://www.symbiosis.com/acatalog/

that has the list of sections on the left but look much better than just text and less hassle than images. They use the following code but I don't know nif that is an atinic thing or their own function.

document.write(BulletList(sections))

Thanks

Andy

Comment

I've seen a couple more sites that do this :

http://www.jubilee-seeds.co.uk/acatalog/

http://www.talbotfashions.co.uk/

both have one set of images for the selection list on the left side and a different set of images for the same sections in the nulk area.

Cheers

Andy

Comment

It appears from looking at these sites that the navbar buttons are hardcoded links.

I'm afraid my javascript is not good enough to create a new array of different section images.
                  Ben Popplestone

Comment

Working...
                  X