terms changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

terms changes

I have changed some text within business settings and refreshed but it will not show online - i am looking at a new page not cached and the settings within actinic show the change. Is it me ??

Maybe. Can you post the URL and say what me might expect to see one way or the other?

Comment

http://www.plumbingsupplyservices.co...atalog/tcs.htm

The last time i posted my site - you profesionals ripped it apart - please have the decency not to do so again - it might just tip me over the edge this time!

In the terms i have changed the shipping section to show the £100 to now say £100 (Ex Vat)

Comment

A can't see any change either - so that rules out anything to do with browsers.

I presume you are making the changes in - Business Settings - Terms & Conditions - Shipping and Handling tab? If so can you post the contents of the Shipping and Handling tab - that may help in determining the problem?

Have you done the most common things such as compact the database and then a purge and refresh?

Comment

Yes i have compacted,purged, full refresh.
          Business settings - terms & Cons - Shipping

This is the text from shipping and handling -----

Prices quoted include delivery on orders over £100 (Excluding VAT)

A small carriage charge of £7.50 (Plus VAT) will apply to orders below £100 (Excluding VAT). Some remote areas may incur a further carriage charge, in this even PSS will contact you before processing your order to agree this charge.

Comment

Are you sure that you clicked 'Apply', when you made the changes to your business settings, prior to refresh/upload?

If you close Business settings and then re-open them, and the text is unchanged, that may be what you forgot to do.

Re-check anyway, then upload.

You never know, sometimes the most obvious is what gets overlooked.

Comment

yes tried that - if i reopen actinic now and open business settings the changes are there done ??!!

Comment

Bob

Take a look at Design > Options - Miscellaneous tab

In the bottom half, where it says 'Infomation link', which line is selected?

To use the T&C you are changing via the tabs, this should be one of the two lines starting 'Terms and conditions...'.

I think you have the information link set to a URL, which has been designed independently...

Your info page is actually tcs.html (unless they have changed it in v7, the page created by Actinic from the business settings tabs is info.html - I'm currently using v5, so can't check for you).

If this is so, you need to be editing the tcs.html page, not the tabs in business settings. This will be a seperate page, created externally from the Actinic software.

You can either find this page on your PC, and edit it, or you can switch back to using the T&C created by Actinic, by selecting the information link to be one of the lines starting "terms and conditions..'. Bear in mind that if you do this, you may have to edit all the T&C tabs from scratch, and customise text headings, to match your requirements.

Comment

yes you are right - there is none selected - i shall look into it a bit further -

thanks very much for your help

Comment

No problem - good luck.

(I've edited the above post to add a bit more info)

Comment

Working...
                    X