Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulling Coupon Code in Receipt Page

To start I am using Actinic Developer 7.0.1

I signed up for one of those coupon websites and want to track the conversions. The tracking code they use requires I dynamically pull what coupon code the customer used along with the order #. The AUG showed me how to pull the order number but I can figure out how to pull the coupon code.

For example i use coupon code ws100 and name it 10% Off Entire Stock. I need to know the customer entered ws100.

is there a such thing as maybe NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONCODE. that will tell me the actual coupon code not the coupon title.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

my advice would be upgrade to eight - it will make doing this soooo much easier... as you can mark custom variables to upload to the cgi-scripts so that you can get at them in the perl... don't think you can do that in seven... I've just had a look and there isn't the upload checkbox...

Though I admit... upgrading to eight is quite a lot of work in itself... so swings and roundabouts....
    Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Comment

failing that plead with Norman to talk you through how to do it, he's a wiz at this sort of thing

He's a reply he gave for someone using eight:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=28914
      Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Comment

I have worked out how to do this now:

open OrderScript.pl

find the line

$::s_VariableTable{$::VARPREFIX.'ACTINICORDERTOTAL'} = $nTotal;

and then paste this line below it

$::s_VariableTable{$::VARPREFIX.'AFILVOUCHERCODE'} = $::g_PaymentInfo{'COUPONCODE'};

having done this NETQUOTEVAR:AFILVOUCHERCODE will be available to be called in the receipt page.
        Wayne Theisinger

Comment

Hi - this looks like a good solution to get the actual voucher code onto the receipt page. It didn't work for me just now when I tried on a v2013 site. Should it work ? I wasn't too sure how to use the NETQUOTEVAR: so I just put it is as-is.

Could anyone give tip on how to get the actual voucher code used (typically it will be a one-time-use voucher code) to display on the receipt page on v2013.

Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X