Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the Font Size

Hi

I know this is a simple one but I just cant get it to work.

I want to change the font size of my product descriptions. I have looked in the templates and can not find it, also having checked the website HTML under the text option and changed the font sizes listed it does not appear to make any difference. I have also scanned the AUG and cannot find it in there.

Can someone point me in the right direction

Cheers
    Darren

Hi Darren

What theme are you using? It is possible that the theme you have selected is using a CSS file.

To edit the actinic.css file, simply go to "Advance | Template Manager | Miscellaneous"

You will see a button that says CSS Files, simply click on it, and it will bring up a box saying actinic.css

Simply click edit, and put here the font you wish to change.

If you want to find out what class you are using for the product description.

Simply go to "Advance | Template Manager | Sections" and click on the Product Line button. Here it will bring up Act_ProductLine.html. Simply find NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION and see if it has a span class around it. Also you can just wrap the font size and colour around NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION

I Hope this helps
    Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Cheers Nadeem

That worked for the product description.

I'm not using CSS files, I originally set up using the twentyfour 7 theme but have modified this slightly.

I will play with the various options under the template manager. If i get stuck i will add another post

Thanks for your help

Darren

Comment

Me Again

Ok now I'm stuck - How do i reduce the font size on the main index page. I have tried to find it in various places and changed font sizes but i cannot find the one i need.

Anyone any ideas

Cheers
        Darren

Comment

How do i reduce the font size on the main index page
          Which content on the main index page?

Is it your brochure home page? In which case you need to edit the brochure fragment templates. These are...

Act_TextOnly.html=Text only
          Act_TextAndTitle.html=Text and title
          Act_ImageOnly.html=Image only
          Act_ImageAndTitle.html=Image and title
          Act_LeftImage.html=Image to left of text
          Act_LeftImageAndTitle.html=Image to left of text and title
          Act_RightImage.html=Image to right of text
          Act_RightImageAndTitle.html=Image to right of text and title

You can just click the 'Edit' button next to the 'Layout' field in the Fragment window to quickly get the one you want.

If you are talking about the store index page, then you may be talking about section links (probably - a little more detail may be useful). Your default section link layout template can be accessed in 'Design Options | Layouts'. The general layout for the front page of the store is Act_CatalogBody.html.

Comment

Chris

Thanks for your reply,

The page i am looking at is my index.html page or root home page @ http://www.casupply.co.uk . all the text displayed is in a large font size. and all the pages from the links have large fonts except for the shop @ http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog now i want to change the large font to the same size as my shop font.

When i look at Act_catalogbody.html there is nothing in there for me to change. below is the contents.

<!-- CatalogBody HTML begin -->
            <!-- Insert HTML for the top of the catalog body -->
            <!-- If customer accounts are in operation the following line will display -->
            <!-- welcome message and a LOGOUT button -->
            <Actinic:WELCOME/>

</FORM>
            <FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="NETQUOTEVAR:SEARCHCGIURL">
            <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:SHOP">
            NETQUOTEVAR:SEARCHBODY
            </FORM>
            <FORM METHOD=NETQUOTEVAR:CGIMETHOD ACTION="NETQUOTEVAR:CGIURL">
            <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:SHOP">
            <!-- NETQUOTEVARESITEMAPLINK -->

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBODY

NETQUOTEVAR:SPLASHTEXTBODY

NETQUOTEVAR:INFOLINES

NETQUOTEVAR:SSPPOWEREDBY

<!-- Insert HTML for the bottom of the catalog body -->
            <!-- CatalogBody HTML end -->

I have looked everywhere and played with the templates but do you think i can find it.
            Maybe i cant see the wood from the trees.

Hope you can help
            Darren

Comment

Hi Darren

Act_catalog_body only has an effect on pages within acatalog. Thus your brochure page is not controlled by it.

Try what Chris says, look at your brochure fragments, these will be controlling font size of the root/brochure index

Comment

Thanks Jo, but none of these pages or fragments have anything about the font size in them. Thats where i'm stuck. I cannot find the bit the changes the font on the root index page.

In developer i open the section with the house (my index.html page), then click edit the layout it opens up is Act_brochureprimaryleft.html So i would naturaly assume this is the one i am looking for. But i cannot find anything to allow me to change the font size. There are only 2 referances to the font. One being font face="arial" the other </font> Now i have tried to add Size="-1" after the face statement but this makes no difference.

I hope you can see my frustration

Hope someone can see where i'm going wrong

Cheers
                Darren

Comment

Ok, go to the catalog tree, click on Home or whatever your brochure index page is, double click on one of the fragements.

Near the top of the Fragment Properties dialog box "Layout", the template is defined there, something like "text Only" or "Text and Title"

Click on Edit, you will then be inthe template to edit.

NETQUOTEVAR:TITLE has <H3 > tags already around it.
                  NETQUOTEVAR:TEXT you can apply font tags to

Comment

Jo

OK i only use the Text only template and have added the tags but still the same.

Have i added the tag correctly ???

<!-- TextOnly HTML begin -->
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="1">
                    <tr>
                    <td width="100%">NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURE_TEXT <FONT FACE=ARIAL SIZE=-2></td>
                    </tr>
                    </table>

<!-- TextOnly HTML end -->

You should know me by now, somethings i can work with other things i miss the obvious.

Thanks for all your help

Cheers
                    Darren

Comment

<td width="100%">NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURE_TEXT <FONT FACE=ARIAL SIZE=-2></td>
                      WRONG!!!!

<td width="100%"><FONT FACE=ARIAL SIZE=-2>NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURE_TEXT </font></td> Correct!!

note the font size is before the VAR not after

Comment

Jo

I new that, I was just testing you.

Thanks for you help, all sorted now.

Cheers
                        Darren

Comment

Yeah! Yeah!!

Comment

Working...
                          X