Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search indexing words in description before product name

I am using developer 7.0.1.

I am having trouble with my search results. i have found similar posts but cannot find a solution.

When i search for products for example nike running shoes. I am getting results appear first that have the keywords nike in the description and running shoes also but not together. I have products named Nike Running SHoes and these products are not being returned. I seems my descriptions are having more "weight" than product names.

Since Ihave done many, many internal customization to my site upgraded to V8 is not an option at this time.

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions
    Yes - post a url

Comment

Search indexing words in description before product name

Go here and search the term - riedel vinum

Comment

Originally posted by hepmarketing
        I am using developer 7.0.1.

Since Ihave done many, many internal customization to my site upgraded to V8 is not an option at this time.

Any suggestions?
        Check the v9 beta. v7 support will diminish when v9 is released, so I would start planning the upgrade sooner rather than later. Heavily customised sites are best done as a new build in v8/9 - quite an easy job once you understand the v8/9 layouts vs templates changes.

At the very least, I think you should upgrade to the latest v7 flavour. There were a lot of improvement on stability and functionality in the later versions.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Indeed - even if you do not want to upgrade to a new version at least move off the Beta release ... I am notoriously bad at not moving to the latest patch but even my v7 sites are beyond v7.0.1.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
            Indeed - even if you do not want to upgrade to a new version at least move off the Beta release ... I am notoriously bad at not moving to the latest patch but even my v7 sites are beyond v7.0.1.
            7.0.1a I suspect, .

Comment

Working...
            X