Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question on footer links

Hi,

I want to include links in my pages - preferably different ones.

I know i can do this within non home page pages, by using fragments. However how do i do this on the home page?

If i do it via the Footer - i can include links, but this will appear site wide.
    If i use a fragment then these links appear before the buttons (sections) on my side and i want it on the bottom only.

Can anyone give me some pointers? I have looked through the help section here, but not found the answer.

Thanks

Bill T

with v7 there are 2 templates, act_primary and act_primary_brochure

Apply the same changes to act_primary_brochure as you applied to act_primary

Comment

thank you jo,

sorry i should have made it clearer. I dont mean brochure pages.

I mean i want to have some links at the bottom of the page in the home page only and a different set of links on all other pages. By other pages i mean those from different sections and product pages and so on.

i can put the links in fragments on subsection pages etc, and they stay at the bottom, but on the home page, due to buttons used as a navigation, the fragment appears towards the top.

thanks again

Bill T

Comment

Hi Bill,

If i do it via the Footer - i can include links, but this will appear site wide.
        If you place the links in your footer you can wrap a block if statement around them so that the links will only show on the homepage.

I believe in your block if you would need to add:

Code:
        <actinic:variable name="IsBrochureHomePage" />
        Regards
        Jon
        www.designtoplease.co.uk
        www.getmeoutofahole.com
        www.toys4james.co.uk
        Located in Herts

Comment

Not on V7 you can't lol, that's my trick

Comment

Not on V7 you can't lol, that's my trick
            LOL - would help if I had read which version the thread was about before replying really.

Cheers for pointing that out Lee.

Regards
            Jon
            www.designtoplease.co.uk
            www.getmeoutofahole.com
            www.toys4james.co.uk
            Located in Herts

Comment

We've all done it and i more than most i assure you, a real GRRR moment when someone points it out lol.

Comment

jon n lee thanks for the replies

if i cant use a block if (not that i fully understand that) then what can i do? is what i want even possible?

thanks

Bill T.

Comment

You will need to create a new template that has the changes you need, and set that as the brochure template, that will make all your brochure pages use the new code, so you then need to set the other brochure pages back to using the original template.

To make the new template, open ActBrochurePrimary.html in Notepad or whatever, save as, all files, new name. Then make the changes, save as, all files, save.
                  Bill
                  www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                  Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                  BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                  Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                  VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                  Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hello Bill,

Thanks for the reply. do you mean i will have to create brochure pages instead of product pages?

thank you for your time

Comment

Working...
                    X