Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Installing v7 on New Laptop

Just wondered if anyone can help.

We've just purchased a new laptop, and are attempting to install Actinic v7 Business. (v8 will be installed once our website has undergone its redesign.)

Anyway, the software is not installing correctly and the following error messages appear:

1). Write access is denied to C:\Program Files\Actinicv7\Sites\Site 1\actinicextras.js. Access to C:\Program Files\Actinicv7\Sites\Site 1\actinicextras.js was denied. Please check the file permissions and try again or select a different file.

2). The theme change was aborted. Please correct any errors and reselect the theme before continuing.

3). A serious error occurred. The default theme and template could not be activated. Please contact your Actinic Reseller or Actinic Support as appropriate.

Now I'm not too sure if I've overlooked something obvious here, but the same software has installed on other computers with no problem. The new laptop computer does have Vista if that is anything to do with it.........

Any help would be most appreciated.

David
    www.diecastdevon.co.uk

THE SITE for Obsolete, Discontinued and New Release Diecast Models
    Promotional Model Trucks with Your Company Logo

If you are using Vista then you will need the latest v7 release - that is the only one that has been tested on Vista.

Comment

David, did you get this sorted?

I'm in exactly the same situation as you with a new laptop with Vista.

I tried installing the latest v7 listed in the version download archive v706 GBGA , it's still happening, and I can't open Actinic

Grateful for any advice.
      Alison

Comment

Alison

7.0.6 isn't the latest release

You can download 7.0.7 from HERE on the Actinic downloads page.
        Tracey

Comment

Thank you.

Problem solved.

Alison
          Alison

Comment

Hey Guys!

I got version 6 but the same problem , what should I do??
            Is there also a newer version for 6 that works with vista??

THANKS!

Comment

Welcome Malena,

Unfortunately V6 is obsolete and there will never be a proper Vista capable version. See http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/windows-vista.htm for Actinic's compatibility list.

You may be able to run it by tinkering with compatiblity mode, UAC, and setting user permissions but then you'll be compromising the security of your Vista system.

If you have to stay with V6, then either run it on an old XP system or investigate running it inside an XP virtual machine within Vista.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
              X