Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I permanently delete a 'Duplicate Product'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find that sometimes to do anything on the product tree, I have to click on the item I want to work from or on several times (this happened to me when I was trying to create my duplicate for testing today for example). This is all that I can think is happening now, try hitting escape and then clicking on the duplicate again and cutting it, if cut doesn't work, does copy?

I realise that you have a nice solution now from Tracey, I'm just intrigued to know what is happening on your system.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi David,

So far TracyG gets top marks and a gold star for suggesting 'hiding on the web' which we've tested and helps solve our untidy problem. The catch is we need to apply it to several thousand items.
      Aww, shucks. Thanks This is something that will keep you out of mischief or you could use the following SQL queries to turn all of your deleted products into hidden products. Then you will just have to go through and delete the ones you really want to be deleted:

- ensure that Actinic is closed
      - take a backup of the ActinicCatalog.mdb file (important!)
      - open the database in Access 2000
      - go to 'View | Database Objects | Queries'
      - go to 'Insert | Query'
      - highlight 'Design View' and click 'OK'
      - click 'Close' on the 'Show Table' window
      - go to 'View | SQL View'
      - replace the contents of the sql window with:

Code:
      UPDATE Product SET Product.Status = "N", Product.bSuppressHtml = -1
      WHERE (((Product.Status)="D"));
      - go to 'Query | Run'

This will change all products marked as deleted to hidden. You then need to ensure that any product choices are also un-deleted too, so you need to create another query as above but use the following SQL:

Code:
      UPDATE ProductProperties SET ProductProperties.sStatus = "N"
      WHERE (((ProductProperties.sStatus)="D") AND ((ProductProperties.nType)=5)) OR (((ProductProperties.sStatus)="D") AND ((ProductProperties.nType)=6)) OR (((ProductProperties.sStatus)="D") AND ((ProductProperties.nType)=7)) OR (((ProductProperties.sStatus)="D") AND ((ProductProperties.nType)=8));
      When you open Actinic, hey presto, you will have lots of hidden products instead of deleted ones.

If this doesn't work for some reason, you can restore your backup.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
      X