Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-ordering Sections in the Database

Hello all

I have been trying to order some child sections in the content tree by price; lowest to highest. The way our company builds means each product has it's own section. It became too time-consuming to drag-and-drop as we have over 22,000 sections and there is a long lag time.

I decided to make a note of each product price, which would effectively be the section price, and recorded it in Excel. I then numbered the corresponding prices from 0 upwards. Using Excel I ordered these prices, and used each values' corresponding number to copy and paste into the Actinic Database under the 'Catalog Section Sequence' column in a filtered list.

This worked perfectly when there were less than 10 child sections to re-order. With any amount over 10, the list of child sections just orders randomly every time. I face re-ordering 303 child sections manually unless I can find a way around the random ordering for more than 9 products.

I'm sorry for the long-winded nature of this post, I hope that it is understandable and someone can be of assistance! Thanks in advance!

The excel column is probably a string rather than a number.

You might want to take a look at this tool, it a nice way of sorting and it safer than playing with the database. Section sequence should start at 0 for each list of subsections.

... it has a trial, so you could do this for free.

More details and the free trial can be found here :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Cat...ting_Tool.html

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
    X