Search Results | Columns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Results | Columns

Hi our search results page seems to have changed recently, it used to display 4 columns as a result, but recently it has started showing them up all on one row making the page incredibly large, is there a way to get the search result to show 3 columns?, which would suit my product images fine, but anymore would alter the page layout. I've search the forum already and seen that there is a plug-in from drillpine.biz, will that achieve my desired affect? here's a link from the site showing you how the search is behaving atm.

http://www.classixshop.com/cgi-bin/s...15&ACTION.y=10

any help appreciated FrAz
    Cheers FrAz

Wow that's a mess - you have a tag <Actinic:S_TABLEEND/> in between the table cells, never heard of it...

There is nothing to create table rows - looks like some code has been corrupted. Probably best to revert to factory layout and reapply the changes very, very carefully.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

What are the main file(s) within that site1 folder that are responsible for the search in Actinic?
      Cheers FrAz

Comment

You are probably looking at Act_ResultsTemplate.html, sorry - I missed the fact this is a v7 thread.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

That sounds like my Multi Column Search Results patch. If you've updated or re-installed Actinic, then you'll have to re-do the patch.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The files you should be looking for are:

Act_ResultsTemplate.html

On a futher point you have some really invalid HTML going on in there e.g.

HTML Code:
            <td width="ALIGN=LEFT">
            and
            HTML Code:
            <td colspan="ALIGN=LEFT">
            are wrong.
            Colspan property should be numeric indication the number of columns a row cell should span.
            Width property should be a numeric quantity in px,em or % e.g. 100% or 500px.

There are a few other issues in there too, but the above should definitely be addressed as they will directly impact on the layout of your HTML.
            Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
            Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
            SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Well i've checked a back-up of that file from way before this bacame a problem and the code is exactly the same, as for the other errors in the code i'm none the wiser :S FrAz
              Cheers FrAz

Comment

Backup your Act_ResultsTemplate file that is in your Site1 folder then try replacing it with a copy from:
                C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Formats\Themes\Business
                and see if it helps.

EDIT: and then of course (as Norman rightly mentions) reapply the multi-column patch.

Comment

My post #5 above applies here. The V7 patch is on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff

Comment

ahh using the business template of the Act_ResultsTemplate.html it seems to have sorted out the problem to some extent, i just need to alter the code slightly using this template and my original file, but it's an improvement. Thanks FrAz
                    Cheers FrAz

Comment

Cheers Norman worked a treat, sorry i was unaware that the v7 patch was freeware, thought i was donationware, edited the code accordingly, but apart from that it's looking a million times better than it used too. Cheers guys for you help FrAz
                      Cheers FrAz

Comment

i was unaware that the v7 patch was freeware
                        It's donationware but I'm pretty sure you're one of the good guys who've donated.

Comment

Plenty of times Norman
                          Cheers FrAz

Comment

Working...
                          X