Transaction Report Doesn't Add Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transaction Report Doesn't Add Up

There are several products on my website (www.lesman.com) that use components, and work under Sum of Components or Sum of Product and Components pricing models.

However, when my sales team runs a transaction report for me, to report our monthly incoming on the web, the report doesn't include the component prices. In just one transaction, a product with a base price of $1590 US, it mis-reported the sale in the report by $635, the cost of the component options.

How do I fix the transaction report so it displays the right totals? I'm running Developer and my sales guy is running Order Manager, both version 7.0.7.1.0.0.HCFA.

Any ideas?

The transaction report doesn't take adjustments into account, could that be it?

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Component Prices

It's not an adjustment - a price correction - that my sales guy does at Order Manager, it's a component price.

Pretend it's a computer configuration: The base unit price is $1000, and the component options are $300 for a bigger drive, $250 for a monitor, and $50 for the wireless keyboard.

The data entry sheet for the order correctly calculates the price as $1600. The Transaction Report only shows the base price of $1000.

It's not a huge deal, but we've been understating our sales growth by quite a bit. Just wondering if there's a way to fix the transaction report, or if I have to go into Crystal Reports for that?

Comment

Hi,

Are your components set with 'Component as separate order line'? It looks like these are not added in if it is set like that. I'll ask the development team if there is a workaround.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Components as Separate Line Items

Nope. The only ones I do like that is where the component actually has it's own unique part number.

In the cases I'm having trouble with, the base part number and the component options add up to make a complete model number.

Thanks for asking. I could have been clearer about that.

Comment

That's odd as I can't replicate the problem unless I have the components set as a separate order line. Can you list exactly how the product/components are set up please.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Here's the product

http://www.lesman.com/acatalog/Honeywell_Truline.html

Component 1: Base model
              Component 2: Inputs
              Attributes: Channel 1-4
              Component 3: External Outputs
              Attributes: Control Outputs #1 and #2
              Component 4: Interface Selection
              Attributes: External Interface, Pen Type, and Alarms
              Component 5: Software
              Attributes: Totalization Options
              Component 6: Door and Latch Options
              Attributes: Door, Latch
              Component 7: Configuration and Approvals
              Attributes: Options, Approvals
              Component 8: Certs and Manuals
              Attributes: Tags and Certifications, Manual

Is there a place I can reload the reports from (like the Original folder, for restoring the HTML when something breaks?) I haven't tried that because I wasn't sure it existed.

Sometimes, I can be an idiot: On further exploration, some of the components ARE set as "separate order line" items, but not all of them. Either way, I'd think they should be added into the transaction report.

Comment

The reports won't get modified unless you have specifically changed them with Crystal reports, so no reason to 'reload' them.

Comment

Hi,

On further exploration, some of the components ARE set as "separate order line" items, but not all of them.
                  And can you confirm that these are the costs that aren't being added to the transaction report?

Either way, I'd think they should be added into the transaction report.
                  I agree. I have the development team looking into a possible solution/workaround at the moment.
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Confirmed

All the prices that don't appear on the Transaction Report correspond with the "Components as Separate Line Items".

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Beth,

It seems that this problem is in the database so the only workaround is at the moment is not to use 'component as a separate order line'. A bug report has been raised but it probably won't be fixed for v7.
                      Tracey
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                      X