Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show All Products Using Search

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a way to show all products in a search? If I don't enter a keyword then it won't let me search.

Thanks

You are after a list to peruse, not a search list, therefore put all of your products into one big list via duplicates in a section of their own, you can then display them as you wish easily also. You could try adding a default value to the search facility, although the whole reason for search is to streamline the products that you are looking at, so you may struggle trying to explain it to your users.

Comment

A modified single line product layout is probably the neatest solution - the search tends to return a very strange listing that would not be in any specific product order and add further confusion to buyers IMHO.

If you have SPP you can look at hacking the sitemap page - piece of cake in v8 but v7 will require some external manipulation.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Ok - the aim of this is to be able to use the search variables in a screen scrape. As our site loads everything in html the only place that I can get variables from is the search function. That's why I want it to show all products. Site is www.andertons.co.uk.

Comment

Hi Steve,

One option is to use the 'Search by price range' option. Create one band that covers all your products and then search on that price range. You can set that up in 'View | Search Settings | Price Bands'.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Steve-b
            Hi

Does anyone know if there is a way to show all products in a search? If I don't enter a keyword then it won't let me search.

Thanks
            I do this by having the whole shop in a section called (whatever you like) brands

Then in your search select the site_section from the drop down list (the whole contents of your site is within this section)

once selected leave the text field blank and hit enter, copy the URL in the address bar and use this as the A HREF for your links.

Dan

Comment

There is a an option in search settings to search the whole site or not Dan, might save you a bit of time setting up the shop.

Comment

Working...
              X