Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to include external files in brochure pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to include external files in brochure pages?

I'm trying to include external files in brochure fragments using "NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE filename" but can't get it to work. I've tried various combinations of putting !!< >!! around the instruction but without success. As soon as I hit the Apply button NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE changes to [INCLUDE] - don't know if this is relevant?

I seem to remember reading somewhere on this forum that it could be done - is it just that I'm not using the right syntax?

Are you trying to put the NETQUOTEVAR in the content of the fragment or in the template.

I think it should work if you put it in your template, but I'm not so sure it works from within the content.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike,

I'm putting it in the content of the fragment. I want to include a large table containing lots of data in a brochure page and while I could just add the html using !!< >!! it wouldn't make it very easy to edit. So I wanted to set up the table in an external html file and then include it in the brochure page.

I've just found the post where I read about it:
      http://community.actinic.com/showthr...+file+brochure

...and the relevant bit from the post is:

"If you want to design your own pages but include them in a brochure style page you can do this by creating the main part of the page in the way you wish to (eg with dreamweaver or frontpage), then go to brochure, create a new file and add

NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE <filename>

but put the name of your file where I have put <filename>, then when catalog generates the website it will put your HTML into the brochure page. (See http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Downloads.html for an example of this)."

Comment

I think Jan's instructions might be easier to understand if I add a word to them (and apologies to Jan if I've got this wrong).

"If you want to design your own pages but include them in a brochure style page you can do this by creating the main part of the page in the way you wish to (eg with dreamweaver or frontpage), then go to brochure, create a new LAYOUT file and add

NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE <filename>

but put the name of your file where I have put <filename>, then when catalog generates the website it will put your HTML into the brochure page. (See http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Downloads.html for an example of this)."
        i.e. what you rally want to do is take this (for example):

<!-- TextAndTitle HTML begin -->
        <tr>
        <td colspan="3" valign="top">

NETQUOTEVAR:FRAGMENTANCHOR
        <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="1">
        <tr>
        <td width="100%">
        <h3>NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURE_TITLE</h3>
        NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURE_TEXT</td>
        </tr>
        </table>