Customer Message Problem after V7.0.7 Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Message Problem after V7.0.7 Upgrade

Having recently upgraded from V7.00 to v7.0.7, I have encountered a problem during imports into our main Actinic Site.

We use the Customer Message on the Product>Prices Tab to display the inc VAT price, and in V7.0.0 we never encountered a problem. Since upgrading, the import gives an error message of, for example,

'Line 52: The price for a single item can only be imported in the product details, this line has been ignored.'

This happens for every product, and the content within the Customer Message box disappears. The fields are all mapped correctly. I have also tried using text in the cell rather than a number, but the same error occurs.

Has anyone else encountered this/ is there a way round it? Any help would be appreciated!

Have you tried manually entering a different text string against 1 product - exporting the data and view inside Excel to see if anything different is happening with the new text?

Don't think anything changed with those fields but you have done quite a leap from the initial release which people were on for a few weeks until the 7.0.1 patch was released.

Worth checking before venturing deeper.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I've compared the CSV exports from v.7.0.0 and v.7.0.7. They are exactly the same. I've tried changing it within the CSV itself also, checked everything is mapping correctly...

Which makes me think there is a difference in the way Actinic imports, but I couldn't find anything in the release notes. Its really important that we have the customer meessage working, so its not something we can work around.

Comment

Is the 'Show customer message' box ticked in 7.0.7?
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Where would I find that?

Comment

I'd take a wild guess on one of the product tabs, possibly the prices tab. Select each tab after a product is selected, you should see it on one of them.

Comment

All I can find is an 'Enabled' checkbox, but that applies to the customer group and the price itself, rather than the customer message.

Thanks for all your suggestions so far though!

Comment

You wouldn't, but you should find NETQUOTEVAR : PRICEEXPLANATION in your productline template.
                Bill

Comment

<td align="right"><span class="Price">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</span>
                  <br>
                  <span class="actxsmall">
                  <script language="javascript">
                  price1 = 'NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION';

It's in there, the template doesnt seem to have changed in any way since the upgrade either! It is a strange problem indeed...

Comment

That's not standard is it

Code:
                    <!-- ProductLine HTML begin -->
                    <!-- Insert HTML for the top of the individual product -->

NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE Act_ProductSeparator.html
                    NETQUOTEVAR:ENDSEPARATOR
                    NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMBEGIN
                      <tr>
                        <td rowspan="2" valign="TOP" align="CENTER"> NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE </td>
                        <td valign="TOP" align="LEFT" colspan="2">  
                          <a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR"><span class="actregular"><b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</b></span></a>
                          <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF <br>
                          NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION&nbsp;NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOLINK</span>NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOBUTTON
                          <br>
                          <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBEGINLINKNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTLINKTEXTNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTENDLINK
                          NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION </span><br>
                          <b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</b><br>
                          <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:DISCOUNTINFO </span>
                          <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT </span>
                          <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:DATEPROMPT </span>
                        </td>
                      </tr>
                      <tr>
                        <td align="LEFT" colspan="2"><span class="actxsmall">
                    			NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORXMLNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY<br>
                    			<Actinic:ACTIONS>NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON</Actinic:ACTIONS>
                    		    </span>
                    	NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEENDXML
                           </td>
                      </tr>
                    NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND
                    NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT
                    <!-- Insert HTML for the bottom of the individual product -->
                    <!-- ProductLine HTML end -->
                    Bill

Comment

Hi,

'Line 52: The price for a single item can only be imported in the product details, this line has been ignored.'
                      This is a warning message as you cannot import the price when the quantity is 0 or 1 - this comes from the product itself.

Do you import using 'update' or 'replace'? I have tried and it removed the field on a replace but when 'updating' the current values remained in place, although it wouldn't put anything in for new products added.

I will ask the development team if there is a way to import the customer message for the standard price.
                      Tracey
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay but if you create ACT_USES_QD_1_ON as a custom property (Advanced | Custom Properties) you should then be able to import the 'customer message' when using 'update'. It doesn't seem to work when using 'replace' - I've put this to the development team to look into.
                        Tracey
                        SellerDeck

Comment

We only use the update option, and it works! Thankyou Tracy, you are truly a legend. <3

Comment

Working...
                          X