Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to prevent the 'Home' link on the Nav menu from changing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to prevent the 'Home' link on the Nav menu from changing...

Hi everyone, hope someone can help me with this, I use Actinic 7. I have been trying to address this issue, I have followed the instructions below but I am obviously doing something wrong!

To prevent the 'Home' link on the Nav menu from changing...

1) Create a new custom property called 'HOME_PAGE_TITLE' or something
    2) Create a separate Brochure Primary template just for the home page
    3) Include CUSTOMVAR:HOME_PAGE_TITLE within the <title></title> tags of the new Brochure Primary template
    4) Set the value of HOME_PAGE_TITLE within 'Design | Options | Site Defaults'

Ok so I created a new custom property and called it HOME_PAGE_TITLE
    Then I created a seperate brochure primary tempate, i replaced <TITLE>NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE</TITLE> with <TITLE>CUSTOMVAR:HOME_PAGE_TITLE</TITLE> and I named it home_page and selected it for the home page layout.
    Its now where I need a little help not to sure what to do now, I clicked on 'Design | Options | Site Defaults' and added HOME_PAGE_TITLE to the property menu but what else do I need to do? How do I set the value and what should it be?

Please help!!
    Thanks in advance for any help in this matter!

Ok, just noticed that what this actually does is to change the page tag on I.E. but what I want to do is to keep HOME in my nav but change the page title tag to something different then home, when I change one the other changes
    Last edited by stephen1975; 14-Mar-2008, 11:56 AM. Reason: Just noticed something

Its now where I need a little help not to sure what to do now, I clicked on 'Design | Options | Site Defaults' and added HOME_PAGE_TITLE to the property menu but what else do I need to do? How do I set the value and what should it be?
    iam answering this without v7 in front of me... but ... when you go to the property menu there should be a facility to add the value along the row when you add the custom var

Comment

yeah, I can now get this to work but It only changes the page tag on I.E., and what I want to do is keep HOME in my nav, but change the page title tag, any ideas?

Thanks stephen

Comment

Hi Stephen,

yeah, I can now get this to work but It only changes the page tag on I.E., and what I want to do is keep HOME in my nav, but change the page title tag, any ideas?
        I've just followed the instructions that you posted originally and the page title tag changes in IE and in FF and my navigation still shows 'home'. What is your navigation button changing to? Could you provide a URL so we can see what's happening?
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X