Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I send account customers direct to their own product sections on login?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I send account customers direct to their own product sections on login?

I am setting up customer accounts and would like customers to go straight to their section when logged in. Each customer has their own product section as well as being able to see the general product sections.

When I set up the first account I amended the AccountScript.pl file to log them in to their section (which I want them to see first).

I found CAccPrintPage and scrolled down to:

my ($sFirst,$sLast) = split("#",$sProductPage);
    and inserted the code below above the code above

if ($sProductPage eq $$::g_pSetupBlob{'CATALOG_PAGE'} )
    {
    $sProductPage = "B&Q.html";
    }
    However, whichever customer logs in they now automatically go the B&Q page.

Is there any way I can tell Actinic which page to go to using the price schedule number? Or is there another way of doing this?

I have searched the forum but can't find a way of going to different login pages for different accounts. I'm assuming this can be done? I am using V7.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Mel

I will contact the development team and see if what you want to do is possible.

Comment

Just an aside. It's not a good idea to use special characters in an URL e.g. B&Q.html. Alphanumerics, underline and minus are a safe set. Only lower case is also good practice.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Unfortunately it looks like this is a wish list item.
        After discussions with development it looks possible, but lot of script change is needed and there are currently some restrictions.

As the product page could be stored only in existing user detail fields, (like phone number or address), there is some difficulty in with regard to the internal logistics of this as it was not an intended feature, additionally it would limit other functionalities.

If it goes onto wish list, then in future versions, it is possible we will investigate adding such a user details field.

Comment

You need a database with each customer in and there target. e.g a mysql base with Bob McGentleman - works for b&Q - Jo Bloggs - Boots.. John McTool - Tescos etc etc then loads of nice php code to check if works for "b&q send here if works for ___ etc.. if b&q send them ___ if.. etc etc..

then call all of it in the pl

Comment

Working...
          X