Purge old page files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purge old page files

My client and I need to frequently send the site snapshot each other and to import the new changes. However it frequently reverts the look of the site to a previous design.

Do I need to delete all of the existing files from the preview HTML folder or something like that? Thank you.

Hi Oliver,

You shouldn't have to delete anything, the snapshot should bring in everything including the latest design. What version of the software are you using? Does this happen both ways or just when you send the snapshot to the client? Are there any errors during the snapshot import?
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using version 7. The design reverts both ways and I don't see any errors whilst importing.

If I delete all the existing files in the folder before I import the snapshot will the site be OK or does it rely on any of those files? I guess I could just import it to a new site folder so as not to risk losing anything.

Comment

Hi Oliver,

You will be ok to delete anything in the 'PreviewHTML' or 'SiteHTML' folder as these files will be regenerated when previewing or uploading the site.

Is it only in the preview that you see the changed design (ie does it upload ok or do you have to do something to put it right)?
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

It seems to revert links to older files which I then have to keep fixing. I'll make it live and fix as I go and send the new snapshot to my client and get her to do an upload to see if the problem persists. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
          Olly

Comment

One thing just to check. Are the pages being linked to generated by Actinic? If so, check if a page exists in the 'Site1' folder and in the 'SiteHTML' folder. If so, then delete the one in the 'Site1' folder as that would overwrite the one that is generated in the 'SiteHTML' folder (make sure that they are deleted on both yours and the client's pc.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X