Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Testing

Hi,

We developed and deployed a site for a client in August - www.presentsbypost.com - using Actinic v6. There were problems along the way which, thanks to this forum, we managed to resolve. The site's been live and transactional for a month or more and the client has had some orders

The problem is that they are getting feedback (from customers & friends) that the site throws up errors - looking at the stats they've had 45 Hits on the error page in september, of which most appear to be as entry pages for the site

We haven't been able to replicate any errors in house here - and I was wondering whether somebody could have a look at the site for us, just so that we can get a more accurate picture of whats going on...

Any help would be very greatfully received....

Cheers,
    Amo

Gift Reminder page

I've had a wander around and generally everything is fine. However, I get "Object expected" errors (2 everytime) on all the menu items on the Gift Reminder page (lines 81-89 in the source). The links are unusable. The same links work fine on other pages.

Very nice looking site by the way.
    Chris Brown

Comment

Terms & Conditions

I was having a read through the T&Cs and decided to print them out as recommended at the top of the page. (The text gave me some ideas that I wanted to rip-off.)

Despite being laid out in as nice narrow panel the standard IE print width bug struck! The menu panel on the left shifts the text too far to the right and you lose a couple of words off every line.

It would be better if you provided a "printer friendly" version of this page (and the Delivery Info as well)
      Chris Brown

Comment

Thanks Chris,

The print width problem I hadn't even considered. There is a fix for this that I've used for other sites -

<style>
        @media print
        {
        DIV.StretchForPrint
        {
        height : 100%;
        overflow : visible
        }
        }
        </style>

which I can place in the header part of the relevant Actinic template and which will sort it for IE...

The gift reminder page is hosted on a seperate server to the Actinic catalogue and is done as an ASP page with the links hardcoded as absolute URLs - I've just had a look and am getting the same errors appearing, although they do link back to the right pages on the server hosting the main site....

Thanks for looking through the site & also for the compliment! - hopefully I should be able to get this sorted now...

Cheers,
        Amo

Comment

Site Check

Does your client mind that the page goes off over the
          right side of the screen?
          Most of my clients comment on sites that do that?
          Looks pretty modern other wise. Nice job Dude!
          Best Regards,
          John King
          Web Master - BizPlus2000.com
          Web Hosting and Design for Today's Internet!
          Visit <a href="http://bizplus2000.com">BizPlus2000.com</a>

Comment

Hi John,
            I did mention this, but they wanted the site for 1024x768 screen resolutions (which is what they use..). As they say, the customer is always right....!

Comment

Working...
            X