email links in product descriptions & cart vs. basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

email links in product descriptions & cart vs. basket

I have a situation where I need to put an email link into my prod descrip...any ideas where to begin?

also - is there a way of eliminating the "cart" expression and substituting "basket" ?

Michelle

Regarding the E-mail link.

There are at least 2 ways:

1. In your Product Details / General tab, use the Information Link Text for the clickable text and enter mailto:me@mysite.com in the File/URL: field.

If you want to move this around in your page design, the location of this link is defined in your product template by: NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBEGINLINKNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTLINKTEXTNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTENDLINK

2. If you'd rather have fine control on where the link is you can embed HTML in a product description by surrounding it with !!< and >!!

e.g.

Blah blah !!<<a href="mailto:me@mysite.com">E mail me here</a>>!! more blah.

Regarding the "Cart" text see Design / Options / Shop Defaults for the text on the cart button. If you're using an image for the button then you'll have to create your own graphic and substitute that for add_to_basket.gif.

Also the word Cart is used many times in other bits of text. Here's a note regarding changing these I posted yesterday.

In general you can find prompts like this by going to Design / Text , entering a bit of the prompt into the Search box and looking for a likely candidate. There may be more than one likely one but if you change only one bit at a time and then test you'll soon find the culprit. Don't forget to change any wrong ones back.

Also be aware that you shouldn't delete or re-arrange any variables (they begin with %) in these bits of text as Actinic replaces these with bits of data when the pages are generated.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X