Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 instances of same site?

Hi all,

I have finished the tweaks now of my site and I've had this 5 yrs running as a successful store. I want to put a copy of it on another server with a different url but would really like to keep the look the same so wondered, is it possible in Developer 6 to simply create a new site based on the original one I have made but just change the network info?

I'm not looking to actually take payments from the new site because that would be daft - I'd just point folks back to the original shop and they can then jump between the two so the store on the original site will be where you'd buy a ticket or membership and the new site will facilitate the movies once the customer has logged in and can see the pages (using Actinic).

Is this do-able without causing conflict between the two? And if it is as easy as I'm thinking it is, 'would' there be a possibility to use the new site for taking payments using all the same PROTX account info etc or would I need some other new code from them?

Thanks all.

[Edit] You may wonder, why not just build a new site outside of Actinic? Well, fact is, I've used Actinic so much now instead of web software alone, that I much prefer the ease of use for creating my site thru Actinic/Dreamweaver that it's just the easy route for me and keeps the look and branding continuous.

Beej
    Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

Hi Brian,

is it possible in Developer 6 to simply create a new site based on the original one I have made but just change the network info?
    You could create a snapshot of your site and import it into a new one and then just change the network setup details. Alternatively, if it's just the design that you want you could create a custom theme (Advanced | Custom Themes - only available to Developer) and use that in your new site. However, any changes you make to the design would have to be made to both sites as they would be independent of each other.

'would' there be a possibility to use the new site for taking payments using all the same PROTX account info etc or would I need some other new code from them?
    You would have to check with Protx to find out if this is possible.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X