Useless web companies and Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useless web companies and Actinic

Hello All, Im new here and need a bit of help.

The Background

We have Actinic 6 which we have been using for a while now with no major problems, up until now.

We have been having problems with our web hosting company and they have had to change us over onto another server. I have entered all the appropriate ftp information but I am having problems with uploading the site to this server.

I have been informed there is something within Actinic that stops us from setting multiple websites from the one copy and we need something (like a code?) to allow us to re-upload this website.

The Questions

What do I need to do to reupload this website?

Am I talking rubbish?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Paul
    I thank you!

The information about only being able to work on and effectively use one site from within a copy of the Actinic software is correct for single site users.

What I mean by this is, you have entered the authorisation key that comes with valid copies of the software.

If you wish to operate a second site using the Actinic software, then you would need a second authorisation key, which is in effect another purchase of a licence for use within your software, which then allows you to licence an additional site from within your copy of the software.

If you are using the same copy of the software with a single site, and this is simply moving to a different server for the site to be hosted on, then NO, you do not need another code and it will be down to the network settings which you will need to confirm with your host, to get it working.

Hope this helps.....

Comment

God knows what has happened with that reply, but it has been duplicated a ton of times.

Could a mod please delete them all apart from one....

Sorryyyyyyyyyy

Comment

Thanks very much for your help. I will try to get some sense out of my web company
        I thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X