V7: Prevent overselling of stock level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V7: Prevent overselling of stock level?

I'm sure I once read there is a perl script mod that prevents the site selling more stock than it currently has listed in the cat files, but I can't find any reference to it. Can anyone help?

Hi Alan,

I think there might have been some discussion on this but I don't remember seeing any code.

AFAIK the only thing you can do is set the max allowed order qty to the stock level but this will only work for a single order. To prevent repeated orders overselling would need the site to be downloaded and stock levels updated using something like one of Jan's moles.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
      set the max allowed order qty to the stock level
      That's all I want to do - prevent a single order from ordering more than I have in stock

Comment

Jan's stock control mole has an option to automatically update the max qty orderable along with stock levels (requires an upload, obviously)
        Also, I believe Bill has a program that maintains the max qty orderable too.
        Might be worth looking into either of these.
        Tracey

Comment

There was a script patch to ensure actinic used the max order quantity with associated products. see http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=30916

That doesn't set the max order qty to the stock level which is what you're after.

I don't think what you can be done as a script change as the cat files don't appear to hold details on the quantity in stock. If they did it would be an easy fix as you could just switch one variable for another.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
          X