Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server Veriosnand CLient Versions

Hi, Help please...

As is the case with most of the other threads relating to this.
    1. Laptop broke,
    2. Reformatted,
    3. Loaded Actinic V7 Off CD
    4. Loaded Old Snap Shot
    5. Got Error Message when retrieving order on order processing machine

Error Message;
    "The server scripts are incompatible with this version of Actinic. Refresh the web site.
    If order processing is split from web site maintenance then the two copies of Actinic must be upgraded to the same version.
    If this error persists, copy the perl scripts from the original subdirectory and try again.
    Server version = "7 FBIA". Client version ="7 GBGA".

Questions;
    1. Which is older here, server version or client version, hence, which should I try to update.
    2. latest patch "v707_HCFA_UK_Vista_Patch.EXE" available appears to be HCFA version? If I update client machines with this patch, will I not still get a new error message such as: Server version = "7 FBIA". Client version ="7 HCFA".[/
    3. Is there a patch to get client version to 'FBIA', I can not see one.
    4. Are server versions updated automatically off another server? I don’t understand how the server and client can be operating on different versions.
    5. My order processing machine is at the other end of the country (version "7.0.6.0.0.0.GBGA", which should be the same as the maintenance version), so I am looking for the easiest solution to fix with the minimal effort for the Order Processing machine users.

OR
    Do I need to definitely change the server version to GBGA by deleting the entire contents and sending the site again.

I know this has been discussed, but I did not quite understand the other threads.. Sorry if anyone has to repeat too much..

It's not clear from your post above as to whether you updated or refreshed the site after reinstalling. Did you?

Look at http://support.actinic.com/versions/ and you'll see that your server seems to be running 7.0.3 FBIA. This could be because you've uploaded an older version (the missing step 4.5).

If you're unwilling to alter the remote order system (and it's on 7.0.6 GBGA - best check) then the easiest solution is to install 7.0.6 GBGA on your machine.

The best solution is to ensure that you and the order system are both on the latest release of V7 (7.0.7) but that will mean someone dealing with the update of the remote system.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I updated the site, rather than refreshed.

What is confusing me is that i Installed Actinic V7 from Disc to both Order Processing machine and Maintenance machine and so would ahve thoguht all were running on the same version, including Server.

If I,
      1. run the patch (v707_HCFA_UK_Vista_Patch.EXE) on the maintenance Client and do a full site refresh & Update, then,
      2. Get someone to run the patch (v707_HCFA_UK_Vista_Patch.EXE) on the order maintenance system (currently version 7.0.6.0.0.0.GBGA).

Should this fix the problem, updating the server to the same as both order processing and update machines?

Also Is running the patch a simple process for the Order Maintenance staff (my mother!) to perform?

Comment

Good time to upgrade.

I was thinking, Might now be a good time to upgrade from Version 7 to the latest Version 8.

I attempted it once when 8 first came out, but things went wrong and I panicked and went back to 7. I have been putting it off ever since!

Should all the server configurations remain the same etc. Is there much risk of the site breaking? I don’t have any support subscription.

Could I
        1.) install version 8 on both order processing machine and design machine (alongside vsn 7).
        2. Import latest version 7 snap shot into newly installed version 8 on both machines
        3. Refresh web site from maintenance machine Or delete all server files and update?

Would this work? And, if it all went wrong, I presume I could go back to version 7 again as it would still be on the machines?

Would this then also resolve my current Server Client version incompatability issues?

Any help welcome with this scary idea for me
        Last edited by NickBaxter; 08-Apr-2008, 02:10 PM. Reason: after thoguht

Comment

To be honest i'd get 7.06 or 7.07 working first, you should be able to acheive this in less than an hour, upgrading to 8 will probably take longer.

Easiest solution is to upgrade both PCs to 7.07 and refresh the site, total refresh using Help menu.

Or stay on 7.06.

Having said that i'm not convinced you have to upgrade the order manager PC. you may be able to get away with the uploading PC only. Thus do the uploading PC first, see if it works then only do the order manager if you get problems downloading orders. Its certainly the case for v8 that the OM can be older, i'm just not sure the same applies to 7

Comment

THanks for the advice, which I took.
            Updated Maintenance machine to 7.06 and carried out full refresh. Orders now retrieved ok, so got bhack to where I was.

Also installed Vsn 8 to start towards an upgrade in the near future. When I imported V7 Snapshot site to V8, I was informed I had custom Pearl scripts and V8 had deleted them for me and made a back up of them.

I dont know what they do, but, Would I just copy these customer V7 pearl scripts back in an copy over the new V8 Pearl scripts with the same file name?

Comment

Would I just copy these customer V7 pearl scripts back in an copy over the new V8 Pearl scripts with the same file name?
              No! That would surely break V8.

Actinic would have generated a log showing what the changes are. Have a look at that. Look for a .log file in your V8 Site folder.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
              X