Installing on other user profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing on other user profiles

Trying to install Actinic on a Windows 2000 machine, and we need to have it available to both myself (the web techie) and my collegue who's actually doing the day-to-day running. However, as we both do a bit of multi-tasking, I'll often have to download the orders etc myself.
    As my IT dept won't set-up a generic login account for security reasons, we need to be able to access Actinic through our own log-ins.
    We both have admin rights on the machine in question, but Actinic will only run on the account it was installed on. If possible, we don't want to have to play around with the 'sites' folder as the website is live, all we want to do is get Actinic running on the other account.

-Chris

Not the answer you were looking for, but this is the answer I got from raising the issue with Actinic Support for our Windows XP Home edition:

Catalog will only function on the account that it was loaded under, if you
    have multiple users, the only way the software can be used is if there is a
    generic account that all users have access to.

Maybe someone else out there might have a workaround.

Cheers

Andrew
    -----------------------------
    <a href=http://www.pramcentre.co.uk>http://www.pramcentre.co.uk</a>
    -----------------------------

Comment

Hi Chris

Actinic stores registry settings for the software under CURRENT_USER not LOCAL_MACHINE. It's not recommended to mess around in the registry, but you might be able to achieve what you want by exporting the Catalog6 folder and importing it into the registry for the second user - I haven't tested this. Both users will need admin rights.

Nadeem has given similar advice here.

Ben
      Ben Popplestone
      Ecommerce website software

Comment

Working...
      X