URGENT copy_of orphan problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT copy_of orphan problem

My client has been copying the structure of their catalog and reusing sections to speed up time.

Problem is they now have products with the following names....

copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Profile_Patriots.html.

Not pretty. I searched on this issue and saw where this eventually could lead to a failure in the software and could blow away the catalog sections.

I read the solution regarding opening the database and replacing copy_of with 1 and this will work for now but there are two issues.

1. My client doesn't know anything about access and to have them send the database to us daily is not a very good solution.
    2. Eventually replacing the copy_of with 1 could also cause the problem. Because they add so many sub-sections based on types of sports games they attend (company sells photos and the sub sections are based on the game schedules and there are a ton of games and a ton of sports covered)

Any ideas on how I could resolve this issue?

Thanks,
    Jason

The only real way around this is for them to change the page name after they have copied the product details.

If you do not want them to do that, maybe you could write (or have written) a little program to replace copy_of with 1 as you have been doing, they could run this once a day to shorten the names.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
    X