Missing buttons & page bounce back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing buttons & page bounce back!

I have used a section of my site for payment on services with no problem until today.

By using a unit qty of 1 = £1, multiples are filled in by the customer and it then led to the ‘shopping cart’ allowing the customer to choose the ‘check out’ button.
    Now I find that the ‘Confirm ‘Check out’ & ‘Cancel’ buttons are missing and after timing out after 15 seconds it bounces back to the previous page. This is very confusing for the customers and just causes them to add amounts in frustration not able to have the buttons to move forwards. Why – what has gone wrong?

There are two other sections that I have products on and they still work ok
    The url of the problem section is http://guitartechnicalservices.co.uk..._Products.html
    ………..And the section that works is http://www.guitartechnicalservices.c..._for_Sale.html

I have enclosed a PDF of the two screen-shots to show the problem

Any help would be appreciated.

Pete
    Attached Files

It looks like you've set these 2 Sections to use different Shopping Modes. One uses Quantitiy on Product Page and the other is Quantity in Confirmation Page. They use different Cart pages.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

HI

There seems to be more of a problem than I thought - I have noticed that the sections that I believed worked ok dont! When I click on the 'confirm' button that it is going backwards not forwards to payment or view basket. am sure it worked before .

Pete

Comment

Hi Norman

I didn’t realise that there were two modes. I don’t see anything on the layout page that distinguishes between them.

Pete

Comment

HI Norman

Yes see the two modes now - I took it for granted as its worked since it was set-up.
          It still doesnt explain why the page bounces back and doesnt progress forwards as I beleive it did? At the moment it just causes the customer to go int a flat spin - gertting nowhere. Its irritating to having to tell them to go to the top of the page to progress to checkout.

Pete

Comment

both pages work ok for me

Comment

I agree, they both work as expected. They are different - because of the reasons mentioned by Norman above.

Comment

Could it be anything to do with server maintenance? Maybe it was a temporary glitch. Were the confirm & checkout buttons there after the payment to GTS page ?

Pete

Comment

Well I have flushed the browser and gone through it again and the buttons are missing and it doesn’t progress forwards when I hit the 'here' button as in ‘.............. Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click HERE’,

Its like we’re not on the same page? are you i.e. at the bottom of :
                  http://guitartechnicalservices.co.uk..._Products.html

Pete

Comment

You are only asked for confirmation if you are using Quantity on Confirmation Page.

Comment

That's a bounce page. Clicking 'here' takes you back to your shopping pages, then you'll need to checkout or view basket to proceed to complete the sale.

Or am I missing your problem?

Comment

Hi

Its been a long time since I looked at this and having a customer complain that he kept doing the input and getting nowhere seemed a problem. I did think it automatically moved forwards to checkout, but my wife say the design is to get the customer to return to the catalogue. That probably is the case but I did think that the buttons appeared to allow easier navigating forward to checkout. What happens at the moment looks like I have to tell the customer to go to the top of the page and navigate that way - Grrrr – I was looking for a smoother transition – thought it did it – sorry I got it wrong. Is it wrong or can it be tweaked to complete in a smoother fashion?

Pete

Comment

To amke all pages the same you need to opt to do Quantity in Confirmation Page on all of them

Comment

Thanks for your input - I have now inserted an instruction for those customers that wonder what they are doing back at square one. Hopefully, that’s all it will take to move them on.
                            As new customers are directed via email to the various sections on this page it shouldn’t be too confusing having a direction note at the top of the page - we will see.

I take your point about making all the shopping pages the same but I wanted this section to be flexible, adapting the design - its not perfect but close.
                            Sorry too for panicking over customers lack of direction - but it did highlight a minor communication problem

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                            X